Chapter 14: Happy Endings Are Delusions [End]

Rick's POV

I don't know when it started, but it hurts to see how much in pain we both are right now although I'm pretty sure she was suffering much much more. I couldn't bare to look a her in this current state, bruised and bloody, face wet from agonizing pain.

I can't move my body, I can't close my eyes, I can't....save her.

After Squanchy told me they're after her at first I didn't understand it. I couldn't come up with a possible answer for who they were, all I knew was that they were bad news. It was later that I knew I was right, they were horrible. We didn't even see them coming, they just took her, left the planet with red painted everywhere.

I made the rest of the survivors run for the lives and the injured with them. Squanchy and Birdperson insisted on coming with me but I turned them down, knowing that if they came with me they'll only die with me.

It wasn't the cause, I wasn't dead, physically. It was way worst. I was dying inside with the girl who I love in front of me slowly losing her humanity. Losing her mind. Losing herself.

I....I didn't know what to do, but I sat there sharing some of her pain with me just so she could tolerate it more. Sitting there, watching her die little by little made me furious I wanted to jump at that motherfucker and make him endure the pain he was dealing to her, maybe even worst.

In the end I couldn't do anything. Right there, in front of me, chained with rusted metal, dried crimson covered her face and shoulders, laying limp before my very eyes.

All I witness before her final breath was her loving smile towards me, that was then that I knew I had to avenge her.

...

Y/N, you will get what you deserve.

~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Let us come with you Rick, a battle is an instant loss whenever one is alone."

"Yeah Rick, we should stick together. "

As I continue to load myself with weapons, the two behind me keep on arguing to come with me.

"I told you, I'm better off alone, I work alone." Turning around to glare at Squanchy and BP, they immediately went silent seeing what I was getting at. I'm better off without anyone blocking my way, I don't want my best friends dying on me.

"Stay here, and stay safe." I walk away from the two and into a portal, hoping to land on the ship rather than in the harsh space that would definitely leave me frozen.

I sighed in relief when I rematerialized on the very end of one of the halls in the ship. Walking cautiously, holding my gun tightly. My mission to find Y/N was upmost priority and was filled with a series of repeated dodging, punching and shooting at the gromflomites in every hallway they blocked.

Their blood was the only thing that I left as I strolled past the bodies, viciously trying to find Y/N and worrying if she's still alive or still in one piece. That was when I heard, struggling, it was a few doors from where I was and it was clear that they didn't want me to find her, having the door guarded by five men.

It wasn't an easy fight, but I managed to get the door open and see her on the chair, where I will later on witness her suffering.

"Y/N! Thank god you're alive!" I quickly scurried to her side and fumbled with the restraints on her hands, ankles and torso, letting her stand up and pulling on her own gag as she held onto me for balance. She coughed harshly and gripped ny shoulders, shaking, terrified.