Chapter 9: Lesser Feline

We ended up drinking all night and got in trouble for getting Morty drunk on a school night but got away with it when we handed Beth a gift along with Summer. The three us of then just planned to go somewhere in space, Rick was still probably looking for trouble like he always does while Morty and I get sucked up to it.

"Uh.. Rick? Aren't we dangerously close to the planets organized with the feds?" I look worriedly at the planets circling around us as we sped through them. Rick scoffs and stops the car.

"Y/N relax, we aren't returning you any*eruph*anytime soon. Plus I can handle this suma bitches." With a cocky grin he drank from his flask and continues to drive pass several more planets before we could reach an open space, heh.

It was filled with the vast coldness of the space and stars circled all around us, you could say it was magical but for someone like me it would be described as a phenomenal beauty.

"It's... magical." But yes still magical. The two males hummed in agreement and leaned back looking up at the glass ceiling of the car. I followed their actions and gazed upon the stars  feeling myself relaxed in my seat with a heavy sigh.

"I'll never forget this, thanks Rick, Morty." Smiling as I still let my eyes wander the vast ocean of stars, I failed to see Rick smiling next to me. A couple minutes passed when Rick suddenly broke the silence

"Shit." I look at Rick with a confused hum as he shifted the gear and began to drive away again. "What's wrong?" Looking behind us as we travel at a fast pase, nothing. "Got some approaching ships." Rick turned on the ships defense and didn't bat an eye shooting behind us. In the distance there were faint explosions and pieces of debris began to scatter.

"Is it the federation?" Before Rick could respond the intercom buzzed and a voice followed.

"This is the Galactic Federation, we demand you to hand over the former commander."

"That should answer your question." I growled and hopped over Rick taking the wheel. He only froze and stared at me from my back.

"Well? Are you just gonna stare at my ass or are you gonna do something about that?" I point to the right where another ship made its appearance. Rick bent over a hand subconsciously placed on my waist, making my heart race for a bit. He pulled out a gun.

"Hold your breath." Me and Morty did as told and Rick opened the window slightly pulling the two of us lightly as he quickly shot the ship with accuracy and closed the window immediately after.

More ships came for back up and soon we were surrounded. "Shit." I murmur. Am I gonna have to resort to plan B then?..

"Free the commander, Sanchez and your sentence will be shortened."

The agents announced.

"Like hell I would." Rick chuckled and put the ships defense on full blast, while the ships made a domino effect of explosions more in the distance began to come towards us.

"Tell them, I'm returned but died but in one of the explosions." This is gonna be a bitch to explain.

"What?"

"Y-Y/N..." Morty held a worried look from behind us. I sighed and retracted my tail and ears into my body as a resort of hiding. Rick looked at me with anger and looked away. I lowered my head in shame and waited for another intercom.

"Where is the former commander? Hand her now!"

"She died in one of the ships, now fuck off!" Rick dissembles the intercom with his bare hands and proceeded to scare off the remaining ships, they left.

"You've got some explaining to do, once we get home." He growled and turned the car.

"Why am I not surprised." He added quietly.

I felt a lump in my throat form and tears started to prick my eyes.

I feel like crying, even though me and Rick didn't have the same connection as before and he doesn't feel the same way anymore yet I still feel like I've disappointed the only person who shouldn't be disappointed at me. He doesn't love me anymore, we don't share the same memories and longing for each other, it's one side just like the hurt I'm feeling now.

As soon as we landed Rick scrambled out the car while I shamefully hopped out being followed by Morty who stayed as quiet as I was on the whole ride home.

We enter the kitchen where Summer and Beth where waiting, and when they saw me their whole expression took a drastic change from worry to shock.

"A-are you.." Beth cut herself off and Rick took the initiative to speak up. "Sit down she's gonna explain herself. Right, Y/N?" Rick glared at me for a while and turned around to lean against the counter his flask ready for his lips to connect and drink from.

"I didn't mean to upset you all... " I sighed, looking down and fidgeting with my thumbs. "I didn't expect for my thoroughly planned escape to fail." I mumble though the others heard Rick seemed cautious and interjected. "What?" He growled continuing to glare at me.

I asked for my vial of memories and my watch gave it to me. "I was trying to save yourselves from the hurt and betrayal when I left. " I smile inspecting the vial and threw it at Rick who caught it, looking at the bottle with confusion and faced me once again with a raised brow.

"Those are just a fraction of my memories, it's only intended for you but I'll try to give you all of it. " The tears that were pricking my eyes a while ago now blurred my vision while I tried my best to push them back, they only remained to block my vision.

"I swore to myself that, if ever you find me that I'll try my best not to hurt you again and let you remain oblivious to me. I guess I failed." Tears broke my façade and fell to my cheeks. I vigorously wipe them away with a chuckle.

"I was waiting for Morty to get tired of hiding our secret but I beat him to it." I laugh and looked at Morty who held a sorry look.

"Wait, Morty knew about this?!" Rick glared at Morty and back at me.

"I-I was h-helping Y/N—"

"By betraying us?" Rick growled, making Morty flinch at his tone but he held his ground and glared back.
"You know what Rick! I'm kinda glad Y/N left you! You're always an ass to everyone, you might've act sweet with Y/N but it was only a matter of time that you'd start treating her like shit too! The family loved her, you did too! But how you're acting now only proves my point that once you forget how Y/N was you'll eventually hurt her!"