Chapter 47 - No Mans Land

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yeah, I don't think any of us have."

"Well, now we are in the shit! Come on!"

What's the deal?

...

Once we are outside, I notice the storm has gotten a lot worse than it was before.

"It's Claw! He is here! This way!"

General yells at the top of his lungs so we can hear him.

We follow him out toward the center of town. He said it's Claw but that can't be possible... I have my doubts about this situation.

...

The center of the storm... It seems to be calm. Why? A good football-field-sized area in the shape of a dome seems to be as though there was no storm here at all. We are just outside of it where they have a mobile bunker set up. This is my first time seeing one in action but they can fly, swim, or dig tunnels. Once it's where you desire, you can station it.

General takes us inside where all of the Warriors have already made it, armed and ready. The bunker is soundproof to the storm roars just outside.

"Bout time, amigos."

"Alright, attention everyone!"
Mallory commands.

"RJ is linking up with you three now. The storm, we presume, interfered with our connection. Claw and a horde of Corrupted are just inside the eye. RJ will be operating this attack. Z237, you need to plan formations on the spot-we have no time to discuss. Everyone, take orders no questions asked. Got it?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Claw seems to be waiting for us to attack. He is stood in the center facing our directory. Four feet behind is a horde of about fifteen-twenty Corrupted. You three, suit up now and let's go!"

"Finally linked! No damages thankfully! Can everyone hear me alright?"

"Affirmative."
We all somewhat say.

We head back out and run to the clearing.

"Alright, everyone... Let's end it here with no casualties."

"Yes, sir!"
Everyone responds to me.

We've done tons upon tons of missions, but this is different. Nobody is joking or playing. Nobody is arguing or speaking their thoughts. This is more real than ever. I'm in charge here and there is no room for error. I'm anxious, almost frozen. I need to stay focused on keeping everyone alive.

We slowly walk toward Claw in a horizontal line facing him. Nobody is doing anything... They're waiting for my command. Even Pozhar and Riveck are waiting.

"Zsen... You arm yourself... Against your own blood?"

"He isn't one of you monsters!"

The Corrupted start to rile up after Lizzie stepped forward.

"Lizzie, back."

"What are you... Yeah, loud and clear."
Lizzie scoffs...

"I see... You're abused... Mislead."

Johnny and Ryker appear from behind Claw and are put down to their knees.

"Johnny, Ryker! What the hell does he want with them?"