52. The Farewell Tour

AURORA HAD ROAMED THE UNIVERSE AT LEAST TWO TIMES. The PUVM never worked this hard. Because she couldn't just let go, and she didn't trust him enough to think that he'd come back to her. So she just had to go after him. Just because she stopped trusting him didn't mean that she stopped loving him.

She went looking. Every single place where the Doctor had been mentioned. Even if he was just passing – she always felt like she was close behind. But what would she do if she found him? Scream? Shout? Beg him to stop his own death? Maybe the only reason she wants him to do something about it, it's for her own selfish impulses. Because then, he'd be the one destroying the universe.

Because this is where she's headed. Always has been, apparently. He's gonna die, and she'll become the Time Lady Victorious.

Aurora has been alone for too long. This is what happens when she's left alone with her thoughts.

In the end, she thinks she just wants the Doctor to say goodbye to her. Maybe give her a bit of hope. Who would she be, without hope?

But this is her last shot. She figured, from the places she's been going, following his tracks, that he's doing a little goodbye tour. This is the only place that has yet to mention him.

Craig's house.

Albeit, she didn't exactly appear at a very good time. "There's a list on the fridge," Sophie tells Craig as she's about to leave for the weekend.

She doesn't know Aurora is here, because as soon as Craig saw her, he asked her to hide in his sleeping child bedroom. She didn't question it. Maybe she should have, a little bit.

But, the thing is, when she dropped by, something felt off about the house. Like something going on, that she has to figure out. She can't pinpoint it yet. Maybe she should just stick around until she finds out.

Also, chances are, if there's danger, the Doctor will show up. Then she can have a row with him.

"I saw it."

"And I've labeled the food and sort of numbered it."

"Sophie, you don't need to number food."

"It's just a suggestion. Also, my mum might phone."

"Might?"

"And your Mum, and my Dad, and you know, just some people."

Are Craig and Sophie hiding another child or is it just Sophie treating Craig as one? Maybe that's why he hid her in the room. To prove to Sophie that he can manage on his own. Sophie seeing Aurora would defeat the purpose, going with how good she is with kids. Her hearts ache for a second.

"I can cope on my own. Now, please go and have a rest. You need it. I love you."

"I love you, too. And thank you for this. And I do know you can cope on your own. And I may have drawn some arrows in the fridge."

"You really have to go now."

She hears the front door close, and carefully steps out of the room, and into the kitchen as Craig enters too. She offers him a small smile. "I take it you're not going to tell her I'm her?"

Craig immediately shakes his head. "Not for now."

"Right. Probably best to avoid any 'Oh my god, Aurora is here! Are we going to die?' discussion."

"Well, that, yeah." He sighs. "Why are you here again?"

"I told you, I was searching for the Doctor and..." The lights start to flicker, and she frowns. "Something felt off." The phone rings. "I think it's your mom."