CHAPTER 20: Separate Ways

Guys tyvm for voting, you know how it excites me a lot.
xsinglem0mx
nadyastruck
junifer23
tellybelly
PaulaEugenio
marzlamparero
Ooheli
High Five🙋!

Sa opisina siya nagpahatid kay Neil pagkatapos ng appointment nila, habang nasa byahe ay tahimik na siyang muli, he tried to start a conversation but she either say 'yes, no, maybe' as if they are playing pinoy henyo in the car while he's driving. He finally gave up and stayed quiet, in the corner of her eyes, she could see him look at her whenever they hit a red light. She ignored the questions written all over his face, she's back to the painful reality that's slowly consuming her worth.

Is he going to be this happy to his other baby's ultrasound? Is he going to hold her hand and kiss it? Is he going to be so proud too? Is he going to be there with her throughtout the whole procedure and make her feel the most precious woman in the world? Cause that's what she felt earlier.

"Briana?" untag ni Neil sa pagmumuni-muni niya.

Gulat siyang napatingin dito. "Huh?"

She heard him sigh. "I said, do you want me to grab you something to eat before going to the office."

"N-No, I'm good, thank you." pagkatapos noon ay hindi na siya ulit nagsalita hanggang itigil nito ang sasakyan sa tapat ng building nila.

"This is getting ridiculous." narinig niya ang mahinang paghampas nito ng manibela. "We were okay at the doctor's office and now, we're back to the silent treatment again?"

Nagulat siya sa ginawa nito pero hindi siya nagpahalata. "I am just tired." she said in a calm voice when it fact she is shaking inside to his mere presence.

"Look at me.." hinawakan nito ang baba niya para humarap siya rito.

Lalong dumagundong ang dibdib niya at agad niyang nakagat niya pang-ibabang labi para pigilin ang sariling yakapin ito. Tumatagos sa puso niya ang titig ni Neil. "Let's go home if you're tired." his eyes are begging her.

How can someone be so attractive in her eyes and yet she's hurting. She had to look down before he persuade her with those beautiful eyes whose telling her a lot of his feelings and she don't want to name it again. Kasi everytime she does, she ends up getting hurt.

Umiling siya. "I have a lot of things to do today. I will be very busy. I can't have a lunch break either." gusto na niyang iparating dito na ayaw niya muna itong makasama sa lunch.

"I can stick around and feed you while you work." biro nito as if trying to break the ice between them.

It's very tempting. "Neil, I have to finish a project." saway niya.

He's about to say something when his phone rang, binitiwan nito ang baba niya and answered the phone. "Yeah, I got it..I'll see you tomorrow after lunch..okay..bye." and he ended the call.

Nag-iwas siya ng tingin. Nagsimulang magtaas-baba ang dibdib niya sa tinitimping selos. Alam niyang ang babaeng 'yun ang kausap nito and he's going to see her after their lunch together tomorrow?

This is just fcuking awesome, isn't it? she sarcastically ask herself.

"I have to go," this is bullshit! I don't have to listen to all this shit! Kailan pa siya naging masokista? She's done hurting for the day..she's fcuking done! mabilis niyang binuksan ang pinto ng sasakyan pero pinigil ni Neil and braso niya.

"Where are you going?"

"Office, I'll give you your privacy to talk on the phone."

"I'm done talking, let's go home."