I Have Some News

Jiselle's POV:

I came home from work and was greeted by Topolino who waged his tail continuously. I was so happy to be home after a long day at work and Topolino felt the same way. I sat on the bent in the laundry room and took off my heels. I stood up and put my keys on the hook before leaning over to pet Topolino while saying, "Did you miss mommy?"

 I stood up and put my keys on the hook before leaning over to pet Topolino while saying, "Did you miss mommy?"

Topolino barked three times. I laughed and stood up before walking out of the laundry room with Topolino following behind. 

"Liam!" I called. "Babe, I need to talk with you."

Liam came running down the stairs, dressed in nothing but sweat pants. He came over to me and kissed me on the cheek before opening the fridge and grabbing the milk out of the fridge. He unscrewed the lid and pressed the container to his lips, as he took several sips of milk. 

"You know that there are cups in the cabinets, right?" 

"Yeah but it's more fun to drink milk like this." He chuckled. "Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

I put my phone down on the counter and replied, "No, it's not."

"Then, what's up babe?"

"My family is gonna be staying with us next weekend," I informed. 

Liam dropped the jug of milk onto the floor. He was lucky he drank it all because if he dirtied my floors, he would be cleaning them. I rolled my eyes and bent down to pick up the empty milk carten. I walked over to the recycle bin and threw the carten in the bin before walking back over to Liam. 

"What do you mean your family is coming?" Liam inquired. 

"I got a call from them saying they would be in town next weekend so I offered for them to stay with us," I answered. "They are excited to meet you."

Liam still appeared to be shocked by this news. I don't know why. It is not like I invited a criminal to stay with us. 

"Why didn't you ask me before offering?"

"Liam, they are my family!" I snapped. "Besides, while you work on your second album, I bust my butt all day so we can afford most of this." 

Liam slowly walked around the kitchen. He seemed antsy. 

"Liam," I said softly. "What's wrong?"

I walked over to Liam and wrapped my arms around his waist. I looked up at him and waited for him to say something. 

"Come on, tell me." I begged.

"I'm nervous." He confessed. "I've never met them and yet I married their daughter. How am I not supposed to be nervous?"

"Don't worry about it," I assured. "It is just gonna be my mom and sister, uncle and aunt, and cousins that are gonna come out. They want to see me and would like to get to know you more. They can't afford to come out to the east coast very often."

Liam avoided looking at me. Why do men act like this? Why can't he just trust me? 

"Baby, please." I whispered. "Can you do it for me?"

He looked down at me with his soft brown eyes. I could see him caving in so a smile appeared on my face. 

"You've got it!" He smiled. 

"Thank you!" I squealed as I put my hand just below his ear and pulled him in until his soft lips touched mine. 

"What do you say we get you out of those work clothes for the night?" Liam suggested

I blushed and tried my best to hide my smile.