13

I ran down the stairs on hearing the doorbell. Since mom and dad were both working everything was more easier. I opened the door and asked her to come in. She came in with the smile she always had but it was fake this time. Trying to look happy while the heart is burning.
"Take a seat, Mrs. Ripley. I'll get you some coffee." I walked to the kitchen to brew some coffee and took out some cookies . I placed them in a plate and went back to the living room. She was standing near the photos on the table and looking at them. Once we were a very happy family. A complete happy family. Everything was destroyed, destroyed by hungry bastards. I placed the plate on the table . She looked back on hearing the sound and came back to sit down on the couch.

We talked about what she has to do. I didn't how she would do this but she was a very good woman. She reminded me so much of Delilah. She was forced to the marriage with Ian's father. He abused her physically for all these years, yet here she is stronger than ever. She tolerated everything for her son, Ian. But now she says it is time for her to do something not only for her but also for a girl like Delilah. I walked her out and bid goodbyes. Before she could leave , another car pulled over . It was my parents. They hurried towards us and looked at Mrs. Ripley with confusion written across their faces.
"This is Mrs. Ripley. " I introduced.
"What!!!! Why is she here. Why are you here??? Did you come here to threaten my daughter? If you hurt her I swear.." she was yelling at this point.
"Mom .. stop. She is helping me." I cut her off.
"What could she possibly help you with?? It's her son. For all the parents , their kids matter. " My mother's sobbing got louder .
"I know. For me too . But I would never support my kid for something so cruel and inhumane crimes. I am a woman and I know what I am supposed to do but I ask for your forgiveness. Please I hope you find it in you to forgive me." She said calmly and hugged my mom. My mom cried onto her shoulders . Soon Mrs. Ripley started crying too. They pulled off and without saying another word she walked away to her car .
It was heartbreaking to see this but what happened to Delilah was more than I could ever imagine.

  I ran back to my room to contain myself. I looked at the mirror and it felt just like looking at her. Delilah.. she was beautiful, more than I am . She had a black spot right above her lips. She had long raven black hair and dark brown eyes. All the images of her came running back to my mind . Her smile, the way she talks, the way her hands move when she talks. She used to cry when someone say their tragic story, she laughs like a kid when someone says something silly. She was a compassionate soul. Her eyes spoke a million things. Her love for the family was almost unbelievable. We all love our family but for her , family was everything. She never once had a boyfriend, she never wanted any friends, we were her friends. While I was with my friends enjoying parties and shopping , she stayed over and spend time with family. She played with Dylan, cooked with mom, laughed with dad and chit chatted with me. At the end of the day, she was everything I had.... We had. And losing her is like losing a part of me . I am devastated...but seeing her in pain was more than I can take. Knowing what she felt made me weak.

      I turned away from the mirror and wiped the tears that rolled down my cheek. I walked back to my bed and layed there for so long. I was numb. But I was sure that I am doing the right thing. Right now, I was not doing this just for my sister, I am doing this for all the women who are subjected to being the victim of hungy predators and heartless inhumane Criminals in this messed up world.

   I didn't even know when I fell asleep. All these thoughts and feelings ran through me . I didn't even know what was right and what was wrong anymore in this retarded world.