3

16th July 2020
Thursday.

Dear diary,

It's been 3 days 12 hours and 30 minutes since it happened, 24 hours and 10 minutes since I have been discharged from the hospital. Yet I cannot come around to speak about that day . I don't think I will ever be ready to talk about that day. Him...whom I never thought could hurt a person that way. He bullied me but I never thought he would go this far. What have I ever done that this happened to me. They took something from me.....something that kept me carefree and happy .....My innocence.... They took my innocence. I will never give up though ..... I am suicidal..but no , I would never give up. I will make them pay. Those familiar faces. I can't take them out of my mind . I have siblings that look up at me. Parents to support me, hopefully I will soon move on from this.

I feel like I am living in hell. The continuous torture my mind is giving me , their hungry faces and sadistic smiles...pure torture. The nightmares.... It's hurting ...my heart is aching.... Unable to share anything with anyone...I hope this torture comes to an end

Delilah....

Why Delilah...why would you think you couldn't share anything with me. I was there for you. We all were. But it's not her fault though. She went through a lot.

I don't even know whether she had mentioned the names of the convicts. But I will wait until I hopefully reach there.

I was never disappointed in myself than I was right now. I never even knew my sister was bullied. Tears started building in my eyes. She was always so carefree and crazy. But it was all a front she put up so we wouldn't know she was hurting.

I went downstairs to see how my parents were doing. I went infront of their room and was about to knock but I heard my mom's muffled sounds of crying and my dad trying to console her.

"We can pray for her... That's all we can do. We need to be strong for our children. " My dad trying hard to calm mom down.

" I know.. but Daya reminds me too much of Deli." Mom burst into tears again.. I bit my lips from wobbling.

" Who ever did this will pay. Plese don't cry." He tried again. Yes dad , they will pay. I will make them pay.
I went to check up on Dylan since I didn't want them to cry again cause of me. I entered Dylan's room and he was sitting down in the corner with a drawing that Delilah drew for him. Dylan knew everything that happened to her. He was brave for a 6 year old. I went towards him, embraced him in a hug and took the drawing from him. I stuck it to the wall beside his bed with some tape. We the talked and talked about every silly thing, trying to take his mind off of what's happening. He slept laying his head on my laps. I slowly tucked him into the bed and went back to my room.

There were a few missed calls in my phone. Many messages sending their love and support. I checked the messages from my best friend Anna.

Anna : Hey, where are you... I called you like hundreds of time.

I am so sorry . I came to know now. Did you file a case. Plese message me if you find her.

Can I come over.... I thought you needed some space. Please call me , I am worried.

Daya.. I heard about your sister. I am so so sorry. Are you okay. Do you want me to come. I can't believe this. I can't imagine what you are going through. Can I come please Daya. Just call me when you see this.

I will leave you be. Just tell me if you want me to come over. Call me please.

Daya.. please call me.

I dialled her number and asked her to come. She told me she will be here within 20 . So I waited for her. She is the only one who can help me with this and through this.
After a while there was a knock on the door. I opened it and she gave me tight hug. I never hid my emotions from her, so I cried and cried and cried. Tears welled up in her eyes too.

" Are you okay, Daya." She asked wiping away her tears.
"Now I am. I am sorry I couldn't call you." Soo. She stopped me and told " No that's fine. You needed some space. I am soo happy you called me. I will always be there for you, no matter what."
We talked a lot and I was at ease. Then I took the diary from the drawer and gave it to her.

"What's this ?" She asked.
"It's her diary. I need to tell you something." I said feeling all the emotions coming back to me.
"Tell me. " She said assuring me with a nod .
" I want you to be with me in this. This is dangerous, like really really dangerous. If you can't , you have to say now. I don't want to drag you through this, but you are all I have now." Tears forming again in my eyes.
"I don't care how dangerous this is , I will be there with you. Now tell me."

So I told her about everything. Every single thing. She burst into tears and ran to the bathroom.
Now, I became void of my emotions. I sat there looking through the window.
She came back with a washed face and sat next to me. " I can't believe what you feel now.. I can't believe what she must have gone through. And I promise you, I will be there with you through everything. I will help you. I will help you to bring peace and justice for our sister." She said sternly. We layed in my bed for so long , we fell asleep. I felt relieved after so long.