4

The next morning when I woke up , I felt a presence near me. I forgot Anna had stayed over. I woke her up and then we bot got ready for our classes. She borrowed some of my clothes. Then we took off to school. I walked into the school and soon all the eyes were on us. I looked up at the locker beside mine. There were lot of small cards and pictures and flowers in her locker. Then , there was a small styrofoam infront of the locker, with something written on it. I went closer to look at it.
It was written : You'll forever be loved and never forgotten. May your soul rest in peace.
Tears welled up in my eyes. Soon I felt someone's presence beside me.
"She was a really good person, " He said.
"Mmmm" I just hummed back.
"How are you coping with all these." He asked again.
"I don't know. Do you know who wrote this." I asked him pointing to the styrofoam.
"It's me. I did. I can take it away , if you want." He said.
"No , it's fine Ian. I just wanted to know. By the way how do you know Delilah." I asked him.
" I just know her from English class. We were friends. She talked a lot about you." He said .
"She never mention anything about you though." I said.
"Ohh really, maybe she didn't want to. We were pretty good friends though." He said shoving his hands into the pockets.
" Mmmm. Thanks anyways. And you are a good friend Ian." I said and walked away
"You bet I am." I heard him mutter the last part.

The classes went by slowly with every teachers asking about how I was doing and showing their love and support. Maybe for a week everyone will remember her. And then she will be forgotten. When it was lunch time, me and Anna sat in our usual spot and ate our food. Everyone looked at me with pity in their eyes. Someone whom I have never met came towards me asked. " Are you okay." What am I supposed to say to that . Should I lie and say I am okay, or should I say that I am not.
" Yea." I simply said and went back to picking at my food. She went away. After several people's attempt to show me that they care, I was fed up.
Then came a group of girls. The bitchy ones.
" Hey, we will be there for you. Okay? Do you want to arrange a party for her." One of them asked with fake concern.
"She is dead not getting married." I said through gritted teeth.
" Yeah, same difference." She said with a smile.
"Can you go away." Anna screamed at her.
"Calm down, bitch. We are talking to the dead girl's sister, not you." She spat back.
"Why do you have to show fake concern, at least show some respect." Anna argued back.
"Shut the hell up. Otherwise you will end up in the grave next to her sister's one." That was it. I was beyond angry. The fact that these heartless monsters could not leave my sister even after she is dead was breaking the last of my nerves.
" If you dare speak again , you are not going to your home like this, with these pretty curls and heavy makeup." I said with the calmest I can be with venom in my voice.
Her eyes widened, then soon a smile formed in her face. She soon came closer to me , lowered her face and whispered in my ears .
" I know what happened to your sister." My eyes widened and eyebrows furrowed.
"What do you mean." I asked her back.
"That your sister was raped and her death was a suicide." She said while grinning. My eyes welled up again.
"How do you know. And she never committed suicide. It was murder. My sister would never kill herself."
I stuttered and tried to keep my calm but failed horribly.
" Aww.. not so brave now, are we? And I know it because my father is the doctor that treated your sister." She said with raised brows and crossing her arms.
" Just go away." I said not being able to control the anger and tears building up inside me.
"Why? Scared I would spill the hot news about your slutty sister." She said tilting her head. I didn't hear anything else more , I punched right at her nose. Blood oozing out of her nose she ran away yelling, "You'll pay for this, you dumb bitch."
I couldn't take this any longer, I ran out of the cafeteria and then out of the school with Anna trailing behind me. On reaching the car, I tried to breath and stay calm and collected but no. I was panting for air. Heart beating louder and faster. I waited for several minutes to steady myself before driving off to the house.