12

I tidied up the place after Ian left the place . I took out the camera from the corner of the room and checked it. Everything was clear. Now, it was a part of the plan we made. But more like a safety measure. Trevor has it connected to his phone too, do that he can know when something is wrong. I guess he didn't know that Ian has made his appearance today. I saved the clip to my laptop and carried on with my works. It was a small camera, nobody would notice it very fast. I had like.. 5 of them for several occasions.

     At night, I took out Delilah's diary and read a few entries.

23rd September 2020.
Wednesday.

  Dear diary...

    Ian came to know about how I tried to confront his mother. He knows I am trying to bring him out. I am sure this will be my last entry. He already warned me once. I can't stay inside the house for the rest of my life. I am no coward. If I am anything, it's a survivor. I am a survivor. I went through hell and back yet here I am more courageous than I've been my entire life. Here I am still ready to take him down. I know what to do.

      Daya.... I know you are reading this sweetheart. I know you can do this. No other women should go through this. No other women should be made to feel like they are useless and trash. I know you are aware of what you should do. Don't do it for me , do it for the women all around the world. Do it for justice not for family. Do it for all the victims not your sister.

      I  am not pressurising you Daya, it's upto you. Do what you feel is right. Never put yourself in danger. I care about you..Tell mom and dad it's ok. Tell them i love them. Tell Dylan I'll always watch over him and that I am his guardian angel now.

          I love you... I love you so much and Dylan and mom and dad .... I love you all so damn freaking much. Take care of yourselves . And come out of your bubble sissy. Again.. I love you..

    Delilah...

I screamed.... I was trying like a one year old . I was losing my shit. Delilah, my sister always the brave one. I love her and miss her. It's like I am being punished.  I walked over to Delilah's side of the room and layed down on her bed and hugged her pillow. I breathed in her scent which was starting to fade away.

Suddenly my phone rang. I got out of the bed and walked towards the phone . It was an unknown number.
'hello' It was a women. Her voice shaking .
'Hello, who is this? ' I asked.
'This is Ian's mother." She was almost crying.
'Mrs. Ripley. What is it.' I asked.
' I believe you. I think I already knew my son was someone who I never thought he was. I've heard him talking to his friends about Delilah. Whenever I notice he suddenly stops talking. One day I even heard him say he pulled her down dragged her by her legs. But when he noticed me he changed the topic. I guess , a part of me didn't want to believe what my son has become. A part of me didn't want to believe that my son , whom I gave birth to and raised him. Whom I gave my everything to , has become a heartless criminal.' she was speaking in between her sobbing.
' I know. ' I don't say anything more.
' But he had taken the innocence and even life of a girl with so much dreams and hopes. I wanted to tell you that , I will be there with you. I want to help you. I can't disown my own child nor allow anyone to hurt him but I won't allow him to walk freely without paying for what he has done. What do you want me to do.' she asked.
' Can you maybe come by my house if you are free.' I asked .
' Yes, I've finished up my job here. Just send me the location.'
'okay. Take care, Mrs. Ripley.' I said and send her the location.