8

8th September 2020
Tuesday

I've had my fair share of days crying and grieving and I am done. What is the point even. God...give me some strength to fight back. That's all I ask.

Delilah....

So short yet those lines speak hundreds of emotions. She was finally starting to break out of the shell. She was ready but then how did the convict came to know that. She was kidnapped like a few weeks after she wrote this.

I was already late so I got up and made my way to school. Everything felt different today. Their stares, smiles... everything. I saw Ian jogging towards me. He stopped right infront of me and smiled. I mirrored the smile.
"So, how are you, Daya? Is it ok if I call you Daya." He asked with a smug smile.
"I'm fine and you can call me Daya. I prefer that over my full name actually." I said while walking side by side with him.
"But you have a beautiful name though." He said again.
"Thank you." I honestly didn't know want to talk.
"So....about yesterday, your sister. She was you know..." He trailed off.
"What about her?" I asked back.
"Ohh nothing, how did you know that the culprit was one among us. You know you said he was right here." He asked, amused.
"I just know." I simply shrugged.
"Oh, so she didn't tell you? " He questioned again.
"No, she never did. I just assumed though he might be one among us." I said back. Now, I wanted to know more why he was asking those. So, I decided to play a little game.
"Ohh, ok. How did you know though .. that she was umm...you know." He searched for words. Now he was being creepy.
"Raped?? How she was raped.? You know you can ask that. It's not her fault that she was a victim. If people can do something as horrible as that , then why is the victim supposed to be silenced. You want to know how I know everything" . Deep down my heart , doubts arose. Doubts of him being the convict. But my mind didn't want to agree. Fear.....fear of being alone with a rapist....fear of knowing the reason for the death of my sister....fear of knowing what might happen once he knows......fear of not knowing what I might do to him. I was sure by now it was him.....but I had no proof...his face now filled with confusion. Yesterday , when I had this huge breakdown infront of Sila, while I said about the convict being one among us, o saw his eyes widen. I brushed it off anyways.... Not anymore. I need to be brave.. I can't let her down... I can't give up on her. My parents or anyone.

"Hey, you okay... You were saying? " He asked again. I realised I zoned out. I was disgusted by him. Standing next to me is a rapist and a murderer. I cleared my throat bringing back my senses into him.

"I know what happened to Delilah... I know who killed her... I know who bullied her... I know every single thing.." I looked straight at his eyes not breaking contact for even a millisecond.
"Who is it?" He asked. I gritted my teeth , took a step forward and said sternly, " I know Ian, drop your act....you won't be spared..." I actually said those to confirm what I already knew.
"You think you scare me, you know... You are more brave than your sister. Finding out sooner....anyways, you can go file a complain or anything you want ." He said and chuckled.
"I am not going to file a complaint. I am not stupid Ian. You will surrender yourself. And don't even think about threatening me, it won't work unless you want to murder me too. You know, I have a question though. How could you even do that to a human being. Don't you ever feel guilty.?" I asked with disgust and hatred.
"It's simple, I love what I can't get." He said casually and walked away.
I was never more disgusted by any human being before. Hate.... All I saw was hate... I would die before I let that bastard even think he can walk around free.

By the time it was lunch, I was a total mess... A lot of emotions ran through me. What would I do to bring light to justice.