7

So I continued..
"And do you want to know what happened to my sister. She was dragged from streets on her way back to home. She was drugged and was forcefully taken to God knows where. Not only she was raped brutally, she was beaten up . Hundreds of bruises and burn marks covered her whole body leaving the scars she had. She cried herself to sleep all night after that horrible night. You should have seen her. You know, you made me realise why she never told anyone. Why she never took action against it. To top it all, my sister was kidnapped and murdered. And you know what's heart breaking, she was dumped in a landfill like some trash. I still have nightmares seeing her lifeless body, with dried blood all over her face . Just imagine, an innocent girl with dreams and hopes. She always dreamt about getting a job and taking care of our parents rather than moving out. She had a very beautiful heart and a courageous soul. The way you said she committed suicide, I just wanted to rip you apart. She would never. Thinking all her dreams and wishes were completely shattered by their thirst for pleasure, breaks me. Not just her , hundreds and thousands of women and children are harassed, assaulted, molested and raped . How could people be so selfish and heartless. You know what makes it harder, the convicts are right here, right now....seeing and hearing everything that I am saying. Let them...I don't care. The guilt should eat them up. So, before talking shit about someone you really should know what you are doing. You hurt me, you know... The way you talked about my sister who went through hell, it hurt me."

Many were recording the little speech I gave. Many were on the verge of tears. I didn't care though. Without waiting for a reply I entered my car and drove off. I was crying....again and again...

I directed towards my room and layed down. After some time, Anna barged into the room and layed down next to me. Hours passed and I took out the diary from Delilah's drawer. I read a few pages, again describing the hard times she faced. It was heartbreaking. Heartbreaking to read what my sister went through. I read the diary for an hour or two until Anna asked me to check the phone. I took out my phone and saw hundreds of notifications pending. I took out the story highlight of one of the student in our school. It was about the talk I had with Sila. Thousands of them shared it and soon it was in the trending pages of all the apps. Many messages were sent showing love and support. But no, I wasn't happy....it was just another hot news of the week . Then , this will all be forgotten. But I am sure the convicts must be a little shaken now. A lot of posts with Delilah's pictures with #justiceforDelilah. I know this will all stop, but I won't. I will fight , fight until the convicts beg for forgiveness kneeling down infront of my sister's grave.

After a while, there was a knock on the door. I opened the door to see Trevor with a wide smile. Soon he joined us. I didn't know whether he was trust worthy or not so we didn't talk about Delilah until .

"So I saw what you did today... You did the right thing. You not only stood up for yourself but for your sister too. She would've be so proud of you, you know. She must've been too lucky to have you as a sister." He said carefully, trying his best to not say something to upset me.
"I am the lucky one though , to have that angel as my sister. Thank you anyways. " I replied not knowing what to say anymore.
" You can talk to me , you know. About your sister and if you want any help , don't hesitate to ask. I will be here." He said with a tight smile.
"Thank you , that means a lot."
But then I thought what is the point in hiding anymore. I am going to react accordingly from today onwards. Maybe I can have him helping me. There's no need for him to act like he care unless he really does. So I decided to tell him. I gave him tha diary I was reading and he looked at me with raised brows.
"It's Delilah's. I came to know about everything from this." I said him.
"So, do you know who did this. Did she mention it."
"I don't know, have to find out." I said. He read a few pages and then handed it to me.
" It's hard to read it. How do you control youself. I can't read it anymore. This is too hard." He said and I nodded . His eyes glassy with unshed tears.

Soon Anna changed the topic and we talked about some silly things , had food and they both took off. I went back to my bed, thinking of everything that happened today.