Pew pew

*Darryl POV*

I didn't think that I'd be called up first... Oh boy, I better do my best. 

"You got this, Darryl!" Zak encouraged. 

As thanks, I smiled and waved at him a little as I stepped onto the ring. Zak saw this and smiled as he waved back ferociously, as if he was trying to capture my attention. 

"Your objectives for this match are simple, you either have to knock your opponent out of the ring or render them immobile. Do take note that this is a friendly match, and Technoblade and I will immediately seize the battle should we find any life-threatening moves." Dan explained. 

"So you're Darryl, I assume... I'm Eret! It's nice to meet you!" My opponent introduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you too, Eret." I replied. 

"I've heard so much about you! I think it's pretty cool how you survived so many villain attacks!" Eret complimented. 

"Yeah... I'd rather not talk about it..." I  mumbled sheepishly. 

"Oh... Sorry about that. I didn't know it was a sensitive matter." Eret apologised profusely. 

"It's okay, it's not like you had any ill intent." I reassured. 

Eret is a pretty nice guy, but I wonder what his quirk is... And why does he have shades on? It isn't that sunny in here, is it? 

"Your match will begin in 10... 9... 8..."

"You know... Just because I admire you, doesn't mean I'll let you walk all over me so easily." Eret said as he smirked playfully. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way!" I replied. 

"3... 2... 1... BEGIN!" 

Immediately, I released two energy blasts from my hands towards Eret. However, he dodged both of my attacks. Huh, he's pretty nimble. But that's not gonna stop me. 

"Again!" I yelled as I sent another pair of energy blasts towards Eret. Again, he dodged both of them pretty easily. Looks like I have to step up my game. 

"I'll use this new technique I created during the semester break!" I thought as continuously sent a barrage of energy blasts towards random places. 

Eret looked confused to what I was doing. 

"Darryl, are you even trying to hit me?" Eret asked. 

"You'll find out! Hell Zone Grenade!!!" I yelled as all the energy blasts I sent were all directed towards Eret. 

"Uh oh." Eret mumbled. 

He tried to dodge my attack, but wherever he went, the energy blasts would follow. Eret was now surrounded by the energy blasts as they drew closer and hit him. 

His shades were then destroyed.

Suddenly, two concentrated beams of energy burst out through his eyes. The beams countered my energy blasts as they exploded it with the slightest hint of interaction. This kept going on until all my energy blasts have been destroyed. However, Eret didn't stop. 

Eret screamed as large amount of energy beams continuously shot out of his eyes. That's when I realised that he couldn't control it, which made him an even bigger and dangerous opponent. 

"I can't control it!" Eret yelled, "RUN!" 

"ENERGY SPHERE!" I yelled as an energy sphere surrounded me almost instantly. 

"DARRYL! GET OUT OF THERE!" Technoblade yelled as he was about to intervene, but Dan stopped him. 

"Wait, I think Darryl's up to something." Dan reassured. 

"Tch." Technoblade scoffed as he sat back down, but kept his guard up. 

"I need to get close somehow and knock him out..." I thought to myself, though I wasn't sure how well my energy sphere was going to handle Eret's eye beams. 

Whatever, here goes!

I charged right in towards Eret as his eye beams concentrated right on my energy sphere. Sure enough, his eye beams were doing a ton of damage, so much so that my energy sphere started to fade. 

At the last minute, I focused and sent a powerful energy blast directly onto Eret's chest, knocking him out of the ring. But that wasn't the only last minute attack, Eret apparently somehow managed to hit me with both his eye beams while he was falling out of the ring. 

The power of his eye beams were extremely powerful, much more powerful than my usual energy blasts. My body couldn't take the extreme pain that the attack brought as I fell onto the ground unconscious. 

*Third Person POV*

"It's a draw!" Dan announced. 

"That was some risky play for the first match." Wilbur commented. 

"Who cares? Quick, take them to the infirmary!" Tubbo said. 

Both Darryl and Eret were then sent to the infirmary to recover while the rest of the students resumed today's activity. 

"We may have had a bit of a rocky start, but that won't stop today's activity. Next up, we have Tommy versus Puffy." Dan informed. 

"Oh boy..." All the students thought to themselves.