PROFESSOR SNAPE

Armena Riddle-Lestrange

Thursday: Day Four

My knuckles lightly tapped on the door to his classroom.

"Enter" he hummed.

I slowly pushed open the wooden door to his classroom. Professor Snape was dressed in his usual attire, black robe, high necked black shirt. He had a newspaper in front of his face, shielding me from seeing him entirely.

"Sit" he muttered.

I dropped my books on the wooden student desk in front of me. Light classical music was playing in the background on an antique sonora phonograph. I leaned forward on my elbows, staring at the ground. If this is what every single day was going to be like, I was quite literally in hell.

We sat in dead silence for an hour.

I could hear my brain rotting away from the lack of noise. I looked over to the newspaper that he was reading.

"Gringotts Restored To Natural Glory"

A moving photo of goblins cutting a ribbon played underneath the headline. I tilted my head slightly to try and read the other articles.

"Instead of trying to read my newspaper, Miss Lestrange, you should be reading your textbooks."

Fuck.

The track of the record skipped, making demonic noises. I looked over at Snape who did not move a muscle, he waved his finger over towards the tract, flipping it over to a new side.

"How did you do that?" I gasped, looking at him wide eyed.

"Practice" he hummed.

He shook his newspaper, folding it down into a perfect crease.

"Now, Headmaster Dumbledore has given me specific instructions for you

"Now, Headmaster Dumbledore has given me specific instructions for you. Over the course of the next three weeks, we will be spending every hour together. He has written you an excused absence for your other professors. I would suggest that you ask Miss Parkinson or Miss Constance for your academic notes, after all exams are just around the corner. The first half of the day, you will sit down here or upstairs in my office, if I am lecturing, and you will read—"

"What am I reading?" I interrupted.

His eyes narrowed at me.

"Headmaster Dumbledore may have demanded that I work with you, but this is on my terms. Do you understand?" he hissed.

"Yes" I pursed my lips.

"You will be reading anything I give to you. No complaints and I despise excuses. I will test you on everything. Do I make myself clear, Miss Lestrange?"

"Yes" I nodded my head.

"Once I feel as though you are ready, we will begin your lesions. I will teach you everything I know, from potions to dueling to spells that professors at Hogwarts would not dare teach you."