HALLOWEEN

Armena Riddle-Lestrange

Wednesday, Halloween

I looked at myself in the giant full length mirror in the common room. It was the All Hallows Eve feast tonight and we were forced to wear our formal velvet robes, which came with a bloody awful wizard hat. I twisted my body back and forth watching as the robes moved around me. 

"I look absolutely ridiculous" I muttered, smoothing out the black velvet robe.

"We all look ridiculous," Naomi sighed, walking up beside me.

"This fucking dinner is ridiculous," Draco muttered from his usual chair by the fire.

"I look like the bloody Wizard of Oz" I groaned.

I heard Blaise choke back a laugh from his spot on the rich leather couch. I but my lip trying to hold back a smirk. I let my eyes wander in the mirror, instantly meeting a pair of intoxicatingly grey. I took in a sharp hiss of air through my teeth, my mind wandering back to what Naomi mentioned over the weekend. 

"He is always watching you... you know" her voice invaded my memories.

He was dressed the same as all of us. His long velvet robes draped over his shoulders with his pointed hat sitting carelessly in his lap. As ridiculous as it all was, he somehow made it look so good. Almost he looked too good, it should be a crime in all honesty.  

"It's not that bad," Blaise shrugged, stretching his arms over the back of the leather couch. 

"Plus, we get to fucking party tonight!" Oliver clasped his hands on Draco's broad shoulders. 

Draco brushed him off, his lips curling up into a snarl. Oliver ignored Draco's harsh mood, moving over to whisper something in Naomi's ear. Her angelic giggles rang through the air, contrasting the dark and cold Slytherin commons. It was nice to see that they were back on again after this weekend. Pansy strolled into the commons, walking over to Blaise. Theo followed in shortly after her, taking his spot by the fire. 

"Well— don't we, Slytherins, look just dashing tonight" she flashed her white teeth at us.

"Thank you, Pans" Blaise grinned up at her.

Pansy moved over to Draco, clasping her hands over the back of his chair. Draco seemed unmoved as he stared into the deep green flames. 

"Armena, you have been awfully absent from our room lately" she bit her cheek, holding back a smirk. "I have missed my roommate."

My eyes quickly met Draco's grey

My eyes quickly met Draco's grey. He looked completely unmoved, he leaned back even further into the club chair with a pleased look plastered to his face. He knew exactly where I had been— in bed with him. 

All fucking weekend long. 

Fuck. 

"Pansy, I could say the same for you" I snapped back at her, my voice not friendly by any means. "If I recall, you haven't been sleeping in our room either. No?"