THE ESCAPE

Armena Riddle-Lestrange

I sat cross legged on the bed in the dark room, the only light was from the fire. I stared at a map in front of me, looking at different places and trying to figure out our escape from our safe house.

"We could write to Luna..." I gasp.

"Luna? As in Loony Lovegood?" he turns his head slightly towards me.

I rolled my eyes at his jab. 

"Oh don't be so rude. Yes, Luna Lovegood. I trust her, I actually trust her alot and she can get a letter to Naomi."

"Yes, but how would we do that? We don't have an owl Armena..."

He was right. We had no magical way of communicating with anyone and Draco was the only one with a proper wand.

"I need a bloody wand" I muttered.

"There's a shop my mum once took me to in Paris that had the most beautiful wands" Draco muttered.

Paris, that was it.

"Brilliant! Draco, we need to go to Paris" I gasp.

"Paris?" he shook his head in disbelief. "I feel like that's dangerous and how on earth would we get there?"

"We would have to apparate, that's the only way or somehow get on a train, but that's even more dangerous because it exposes us more to the outside world. We would have to somehow go to Gringotts though..." I let my mind wander.

I knew I could easily get into my mums vault, but would they alert my family and what if Rodolphus was behind this with Lucius? If Draco went into his family vault, would they alert his family? He wasn't underage anymore but it still seemed risky. 

"I have some pounds on me. It's not much, but its something. Plus, I do have my wand so I could put wards up when we travel. We can get a private compartment." 

"How much do you have?" I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Three hundred pounds..." he muttered. 

I felt my mouth drop agape, as I stared at the blonde headed boy with wide eyes.

"Were you expecting us to go rogue and that dinner party turn into a Death Eater reunion?"

"I have learned my lessons over the years. So now I'm always prepared, what can I say?" he shrugged.

"Being prepared and being loaded are two entirely different things" I mutter. 

We sit in silence, listening to the crackling of the fire in front of us. 

"So let's plan this out, Draco..." I readjusted my position, folding the map off of my lap. "Two first class train tickets. We need to find some sort of place to stay, unless we just—"

"Armena— baby, we can figure it out when we get to it." his hands rested on my thighs. "First, let's find a train station..."

I bit my lip looking down towards Draco, his grey eyes looking up at me. I carefully place my hands on his cheek, leaning down until my lips are on his. I kiss him as if this was the last time I would ever kiss him. I pull away, my nose still touching his.

"What was that for?" he chuckled, the corners of his mouth pulling up into a grin.

"What? I can't just have a good snog?" I bite my lip.

"I mean I am not complaining" A smirk appeared on his face.

Draco grabs my hand and pulls me down onto the floor on top of him. His hands lace around my body, pulling me close to him until I am straddling his waist.

"But if I knew we were snogging, I would have done this" his hand brushes my cheek.