Big News & Big Agreements

Start from the beginning

Zayn didn't seem to hear me. He paid the cab driver and we both stepped out. He walked in front of me and the paparazzi was all over us.

"Mikayla! Over here, Mikayla!" 

"Mikayla baby! Look here, gorgeous!"

Why are they calling me Mikayla? Can they not tell twins apart? They started grabbed onto my clothes and pulling at me. I tried freeing myself from their grasps.

"Aye! Hands off please," Zayn shouted.

The hands let me go and Zayn rested his hand on the small of my back, guarding me more. We walked inside and went into the elevator. We went up fifth floor and walked through the glass doors that were right across from the steel doors.

"Mallory, Zayn, finally you're here," My dad spoke.

I loved my dad but ever since Mikayla's fame he's always so serious. He talks to me like I'm a business leader or a client. He doesn't talk to me like I'm his daughter. I don't get to see him that much either since he's constantly trying to book Mikayla gigs and movie opportunities.  

He motioned us to sit down and he sat across from us.

"Where's Mikayla?" Zayn asked worried.

"Well, there's a lot I need to tell you two," His blue eyes were staring at us. Mikayla and I definitely got our eyes from him.

"Dad, what's going on?" I began becoming worried too but not as much as Zayn. He was fidgeting and his knee wouldn't stop bouncing.

"Mikayla was went off the rehab," Mikayla's publicist Andrea said bluntly.

"What!" Zayn and I said in unison.

"Because of her excessive drinking, partying, and drug use we decided to send her off to rehab-"

"That's ridiculous! It's not like she's a violent drunk or addicted to meth!" I defended.

"It's not like most rehabs. It's not for serious addictions. We wanted to send her there because if she doesn't stop her reputation will be destroyed. Going through this will help her bring her old self back." My dad said.

"Well, won't the news of her going to rehab get out?" Zayn asked.

"That's where Mallory steps in," Andrea gestured to me.

"I step in what?" I was afraid of what was coming next. I think I already had a clue.

"We need you to be Mikayla," My dad said slowly.

"You need me to what?" I shouted and stood up in shock.

"You act as Mikayla. You'd take her spot."

"I can't act as Mikayla that's insane! I can't sing. I can't act. I can't do anything she does," I tried to talk some sense into them.

"For the first few weeks, we'll say you're on vocal rest but there's a charity concert coming up that Mikayla absolutely needs to attend. You'll take some voice lessons and if you can't do it then you'll lip sing. As for acting, we're still waiting to hear back from the casting director."

I sat back down and put my head in my hands, "I can't do it."

"Mallory, please. We need you to do this. For us. For your sister." My dad pleaded.

"Mallory, I know this is a really hard decision but can you please do this?" Zayn whispered to me.

And then it hit me. If I became Mikayla that meant I'd have to date Zayn. The guy I hated.

"No. I'm not doing it. I can't act. I can't sing. I am certainly not gonna date Zayn." I said sternly.

Zayn rolled his eyes, "Of course," He huffed.

I gave him a look, "Excuse me?"

"You're thinking of yourself. That's all you ever think about. You don't care about helping others. Why can't you just be nice for once and do someone a favor. Shows how much you are willing to help your sister," Zayn said rather rudely.

I looked at him stunned, "I always help Mikayla. The times she got drunk and I tried to keep her from the drugs. She didn't listen to me though!"

"So you're just gonna stop helping her!? Mallory be a good person for once."

"Oh my god," I muttered under my breath. He was pissing me off so much. Did he seriously think I didn't care about my own sister? I just wanted to prove to him that I would do anything for my sister. I loved her.

After a moment of think it over I finally said, "Fine, I'll do it. I'll be Mikayla."

"Wonderful," Andrea smiled proudly, "Now if you'd just sign these papers." She slid a small pile a papers towards me along with a pen. I scanned over the documents and signed my name at the spots that needed to be signed.

"You realized after you sign that last page you are Mikayla Davis. You can't tell anyone about this either. You can't be Mallory till Mikayla comes back," Andrea warned me.

"So Mallory doesn't exist?" I questioned before signing the last page.

"In theory," She shrugged.

"What about my friends, Ryan and Rachel? Can't I tell them?"

"No, no one is to know except for us and your family. Not even the rest of the boys from One Direction will know."

"This is gonna suck," I muttered as I sighed the last blank. I slid the papers back to her and she looked through them.

"Also you two need to act like a couple that loves each other. I know all you want to do is tear each other's hair out but Mikayla and Zayn love each other," My dad said to us.

"Yeah, I can't keep any promises," I said looking over at Zayn, "What about school?" The question came into my mind for the first time.

"I simply told them we're moving. Mikayla's teacher will teach you from now on."

"Awesome," I said with a hint of sarcasm. Although being homeschooled didn't sound so bad.

"Alright, well Mikayla, Zayn you are free to go. Have a nice day you two," Andrea smiled but it almost seemed fake.

"I'm sure we will," I stood up and Zayn followed.

We walked down to the lobby in silence. We were beginning to walk out the doors and I could just see all the cameras and people out there. I felt a hand brush up against mine and take it. I jerked it back and looked at Zayn confused.

"Mikayla..." Was all he said.

I knew what he meant and he took my hand back. We walked out together. I tried my hardest to smile genuinely but it was all fake. Nerves rushed over me. So many things came flooding into my mind. I'm my sister. I'm Mikayla Davis now. I'm famous. My life is out in the public. I'm an actress. I'm a singer. I'm dating a member of One Direction. Mallory Davis doesn't exist.