Gateway Spliffs.

Începe de la început

I heard footsteps approach me, but I didn't even bother to open my eyes until I heard the person's distinctive voice.

?.?.?.?: I thought you quit all of this.

I choked on my smoke and coughed for a while. I looked up and saw that it was Prince.

Jas'marieé: I did, but this is only a phase. I swear.

Prince: Jas'marieé...

Jas'marieé: Look, if you came to judge me, I'm not looking forward to hearing your shit.

Prince: I'm not here to judge you. I just want you back to normal.

Prince took the spliff from me and took a drag. I watched as he let the smoke roll before passing the spliff to me. I took a drag before letting it go.

Jas'marieé: What is normal?

I took another puff and Prince leaned in for smoke exchange. I blew the smoke into his mouth. He inhaled it to its entirety before exhaling. I laughed lightly.

Prince: I watch how you've been, and you're different. You seem to move like a corpse, and I hate to see you like that.

Jas'marieé: It's just a stage.

Prince: Stages can turn into a lifetime.

Jas'marieé: I'm aware of that, but I am not going to change.

Prince: Promise?

Jas'marieé: I promise.

Prince took his last puff of the spliff and blew the smoke in my mouth. He threw the spliff into a puddle of water.

Jas'marieé: I wasn't done with that.

Prince: I know. Weed isn't addictive enough for you.

Jas'marieé: Then what is?

Prince kissed me, and I swore I felt that schoolgirl crush feeling again. We pulled away and stared into one another's eyes. Maybe this bipolar couple thing was just a phase too.

____________________________

{Eleven Hours Later, Liberty Avenue, 11:23 pm}

(B-More's P.O.V.)

I watched a video of Sevarion's funeral service a few hours ago while I sipped on the broth of my Hot and Sour soup from the Chinese restaurant. I watched in silence as Sevarion's father, Jerry, bursted into a crying fit; very unmanly of him, but it was all understandable.

Suddenly, the video closed out on my phone and my ringtone sang. I looked at the caller ID, realizing that it was a private number. I instantly knew who was calling me; the triplets. Since their names were strictly withheld for security reasons, I had assigned them fake names; Ashton, Munro, and Delilah.

B-More: Yo!

Ashton: Ay! We're near the building.

B-More: Aight. Don't come here, though.

Munro: Why not?

B-More: 'Cause I said so. Meet me at that boxing gym up the street. Use that trespassing tactic I taught you three and I'll be down there in a few.

Munro: Aight.

B-More: One.

I ended the call, standing up from this dusty ass couch in this abandoned apartment. I slipped on my black and red Jordan Retro 11's before pulling up my black cargo pants and sliding on my North Face jacket.