Family Gathering and Anxieties

Your POV:

It's now Sunday evening and to say that my weekly movie night with Katie was a relief is an understatement. The stress from work is giving me a lot of headaches. Still, because of Katie and her brilliant plan, I get to unwind and laughing, and just overall forget about work.

That's one of the things that I love about her. She manages to look out for her loved ones even though she's busy with her career herself. She's not much of a workaholic like me, but because of how brilliant she is, she continues to climb up her profession, and I don't think it's going to stop just yet.

------

I'm on my way to my parent's anniversary party, I kept calling Lucas, but the call would just go straight to voice mail.

"Hey babe, I'm on my way to my parent's party. I couldn't wait for you at the apartment. Mom wanted me to arrive at the party before they started. Just give me a call or something... when you're done with whatever you're doing. I love you." I said, finishing the voice message.

I sighed as I continued to drive through the streets of New York. He has never been this busy before. He always has the time to answer my calls or messages, even when he's in a meeting.

I stopped at the red light before dialing Katie's number. Two rings later, she answers the call.

"Well, that's a world record." I joked at her.

"Well, hello to you too." She laughed.

"Hilarious, Katie... I just called to ask if you'll be at my parent's anniversary party. They sent you an invitation, right?" I asked her as I put the phone on speaker as I started driving again.

"Oh honey, I'm already here, and besides, I wouldn't want to miss you getting embarrassed by your family with stories from your childhood." She laughs.

"Hey! You're mean." I pouted even though she couldn't see me.

"Oh, stop it, you dork. I can feel you pouting." She laughs again.

"You know me so well. That's one of the things I love about you." I said, smiling as I parked my car, finally arriving at my destination.

x

Third Person POV:

Hoping out of her car, y/n told Katie that she'd just arrived. Excited to see her best friend, Katie rushed to the banquet hall entrance ending the call.

As soon as she saw y/n walking up the hallway, her breath hitched. She was the most beautiful girl Katie had ever seen. Lucas was indeed a lucky man.

"Earth to Katie," Y/n called out, seeing as the Irish girl was in tranced after seeing her best friend.

"Sorry, my mind went somewhere else for a moment." She lied, finally embracing her friend.

"You look beautiful." Y/n complimented the green-eyed beauty.

"You look bad yourself. You practically look like a beauty queen. Completely stunning," Katie complimented back.

Y/n blushed and was left speechless by Katie's words. She was never really used to people complimenting her beauty.

"Come on, your mom is waiting for you," Katie said after a few seconds of silence.

Both of them walked inside the banquet hall, making heads turn. If they didn't know better, they would've mistaken Y/n and Katie as a power couple.

"Everyone, my daughter is finally here!" Your mom announced, visibly pleased that you made it on time.

"You don't have to tell everyone, mother." The young architect chuckled while giving her parents a hug.

Katie smiled at the sight in front of her. She knows you have an incredible bond with your parents.

Excusing herself, she gave y/n a knowing look before disappearing into the bar to get a drink for herself.

On the other side of the room, y/n is having a light-hearted conversation with her parents.

"Did you came with Lucas?" Her father asked.

"No, Dad, I've been calling him all night. He won't answer his phone. It just leads into his voice mail." The young girl sighed.

"Oh, don't worry, honey, he promised he's going to be here. Maybe he's just running a bit late." Her mother answered like she knew something about it.

Letting it go, she focused all her attention on her parents as the party continued on. Everyone was conversing with each other, laughing and drinking their liquors.

She was surprised to find out that her parents also invited her boyfriend's family. His initial thought was the party was only going to be an intimate celebration within the family, but considering that they're in a banquet hall of a fancy hotel, she obviously thought wrong.

"Lovely to see you here, Andrea and Scott." Y/n greeted the pair.

"Lovely to see you too, dear. I take that Lucas is not with you." Andrea asked the young girl.

"Sadly, no." She sighed once again. Clearly annoyed at her boyfriend.

"Don't worry, hun. He'll be here any minute now." Her boyfriend's mother assured her.

As of cue, Lucas appeared from the entrance looking like a million bucks.

The architect went up to her boyfriend, clearly upset for not answering her calls.

"I'm sorry I came late. I got backed up by an important meeting I cannot cancel." He apologized to the young girl.

"You couldn't pick up your phone for a second to tell me?" She asked, annoyed.

"Come on, babe, I'm sorry... I'll make it up to you. Let's just enjoy the night without parents." He persuaded y/n, giving her a light kiss on her lips.

All she could do was sigh and nod as other visitors of her parents greeted the lovely couple throughout the night.

x