Green Eyes and Feelings

Katie was called to an emergency meeting the next day. She wasn't able to say goodbye to y/n, seeing as she was already running late. She has only managed to write a quick note for her friend to read once she wakes up.

The young girl finally woke up still feeling tired. She only managed to get a few hours of sleep. Her thoughts still running around her best friend's confession when the older girl thought she was asleep.

She looked around her room, noticing a paper that was carefully placed on top of her nightstand. The girl's furrowed eyebrows indicated that there was never a piece of paper there yesterday. Picking it up, she started reading the words written on the page.

I enjoyed movie night. I'm sorry if I have to leave so early. I was pulled into an emergency meeting, and I was already running late. Hopefully, my boss doesn't pull up another one of his emergency meetings so I can spend more time with you before you leave for Ireland. Text me when you wake up.

I look forward to us hanging out again.

Katie x

Y/n smiled at her best friend's letter. She was so thoughtful even when she was late for work. Her clean handwriting tells the girl Katie has written it down carefully. Folding up the paper, she placed it inside her nightstand drawer along with all her valuable memories.

The young girl sat up, wondering where she put her phone. She immediately went to the couch after recalling that she left it there on the coffee table. She was about to send Katie a message when she saw a new message from Lucas.

Got pulled into a business trip abroad. I'll be back in two weeks. Hopefully, you can find someone who can help you plan our wedding. I'll check every now and then for approval, and I'll also make it up to you. Love you.

All she could do was send a quick reply to Lucas about wishing for him to have a safe flight. By this time, she was already used to Lucas' ways. It was always the same. Leaving her without a single warning only to be woken up by messages that he left then shower her with gifts afterward. She was getting sick of it... too tired of getting used to it, but she can't do anything now, can she? Deep inside, she was glad she wouldn't be able to see Lucas for two weeks, she didn't want to, and frankly, it was a blessing in disguise for her that she wouldn't be able to plan the wedding with him... nevertheless, she is still annoyed at the fact that he has to leave him with also finding someone to help her with planning. So the problem still remains, who will she ask for help?

To her panic, she immediately dialed Katie's phone number, she forgot about the meeting. Still, when she was about to end the call, Katie's voice rang through her ears.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. Did you read my note?" Katie said with a teasing tone in her voice.

"Yes, I did. It's so sweet of you to leave a note." The younger girl said, sitting on her couch as she smiled, forgetting about the problem at hand with just the sound of her best friend's voice.

"Did I interrupt your meeting? I forgot that you have one." She added.

She can hear Katie chuckle through her phone as if she finds what y/n said amusingly.

"We just finished right after you called. You really have great timing on everything." The older girl said, smiling at her friend's voice.

Y/n couldn't help but blush at her friend's compliment. Katie does really have a way of punching through the young girl's heart.

"By the way, when's the wedding planning going to start? You guys only have a few months." Katie asked, unaware of her friend's problem, which she just remembered because of the green-eyed goddess.

"That's the thing, he left for a business trip, and now he's expecting me to look for someone to help us with all of the fucking planning," Y/n said, frustration imminent in her voice.

"What a bloody asshole he is," Katie said, clearly annoyed at Lucas for dumping all the responsibilities on her best friend when it was his decision to propose to her.

Y/n couldn't care less at Katie's choice of words. What Lucas did was indeed an asshole move.

"Don't worry, hun, I'll help you. I wouldn't want to see my best friend struggling with all the planning." Katie added, determined to make her best friend's life easier.

"You'll do that?" Y/n asked, clearly touched by Katie's offer.

"Of course, love. Anything for you." Katie's words made y/n heart skip. She was thankful that Katie was always there for her, fortunate that she had a literal angel in her life.

----------

The next day both girls met up at their favorite coffee shop to start with the planning. Y/n was excited to be with Katie again while Katie. On the other hand, she is excited to have y/n all to herself for the next two weeks.

Determined to make the architect's planning easier, Katie made a list of what they needed for the wedding. Going from one shop to another, they enjoyed every single time of the planning together, laughing at each other's jokes, making funny faces to each other across the room... it's like Lucas never existed in their lives. At that moment, it was just the two of them enjoying each other's company.

Literally their heart's desire.

x