Parties and Tears

The day of the engagement party has arrived, and to say that y/n was shocked was an understatement. The young girl was horrified that Lucas managed to set such a big party as this one without her knowing. She totally forgot that she agreed to such a party, and now that the party is in full swing, she couldn't do anything to stop it.

Everyone enjoyed themselves, including Y/n and Lucas' parents, and all she could do was stand beside her fiancé awkwardly greeting guests. In contrast, Lucas does all the talking for both of them.

"Lucas, this party is a bit too much, don't you think?" The young architect asked her fiancé, already getting a bit uncomfortable. She couldn't see a certain green-eyed girl amongst the sea of people around her.

"Well... since you planned the wedding, I took the liberty of organizing this one. Everyone that we know is here... including your boss and co-workers, they're all excited for our wedding." The young businessman said with pride. Clearly, he wanted to show everyone that both of them are the perfect couple.

With his picture-perfect smile and pleasing personality, as he describes, he went on to greet all the other guests leaving you on your table with a glass of champagne in your hand.

Letting out a sigh, y/n sips on her glass, wondering if Katie would ever show up. Since Lucas' return, they never got the chance to meet each other again for brunches and movie nights. The times they spent talking to each other... they would desperately avoid the topic of discussing the moment that they had back on the younger girl's apartment. Yet, there are so many things both of them wanted to tell each other. Still, every time they try, both girls just chicken out, thinking that it's better to have each other as friends than not being in each other's lives at all.

"I figured Lucas would leave you alone at your table while he mingles with the guests." Y/n heard a familiar voice say. She instantly looked up from staring at her drink, smiling at the sight of the person she'd rather be with.

"I'm glad you could make it," Y/n said, as an instant relief course through her veins, knowing that this party would now be bearable that Katie is by her side.

Y/n immediately got up from her seat to hug the green-eyed girl. Their hug lasted more than the usual amount of time it usually takes. Still, both girls don't seem to mind as they pretty much prefer to be in each other's arms rather than be at this very party.

"Well, of course, anything to make you happy," Katie said as they both finally pulled apart from their hug.

"Besides, I know how you hate these kinds of parties, so I took it upon myself to save you from this one," Katie added, clearly proud of her statement.

Y/n blushed at the older girl's statement. She clearly knows her well... more than Lucas could ever know her, in fact.

"My knight in shining armor." She gushed. Both girls are unaware of the flirting that's happening between them.

Seating beside each other made them both realize how much they missed being together. Y/n just wanted to drag Katie out of the party and cuddle back at her apartment. Still, it would be impossible as it is her engagement party with Lucas after all. Everything was going well for both girls when Lucas showed up to ruin their peaceful conversation.

"Excuse me, ladies, but I'm afraid I need to end your little reunion tonight... Y/n, Mom wants us at their table. They seem to be planning something by the looks of it." Lucas said, interrupting both girls from their conversation.

Katie respectfully smiled at Lucas, knowing that Y/n couldn't say no to her future in-law's request. Giving one last nod of acknowledgment to Katie, Lucas wrapped his arms around Y/n's waist and led her to her parents and in-laws' table.