Whispers and Rumors

News about Y/n calling off the engagement quickly spread through her friends and family. But she couldn't care less. All that matters to her is that Katie is by her side through it all.

It has been a week, and y/n's departure to Ireland is tomorrow, yet people have been texting the younger girl non-stop. All she could do was ignore it and enjoy her remaining time with Kaite.

"Good morning, my love." Katie greeted the y/ec eyed girl with a smile. Neither one of them couldn't still believe that they were together now.

"Hmm... good morning." Y/n smile is clearly as happy as the person beside her.

"Ready to make breakfast?" Katie asked, getting up from the bed.

"As long as I'm making it with you, I'll be glad to." Katie smiled at Y/n's reply, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

The couple headed their way towards the kitchen when they heard a frantic knock on the front door. Katie and Y/n looked at each other, confused as none of them expected any visitors today.

"I'll answer it. Go start without me." The young architect said, kissing Katie on the cheek in the process.

The younger girl opened the door, her parents barged into her apartment, which completely shocked her.

"Are you mad? Why would you break up with Lucas? He's such a perfect man!" Her mother said, accusing her of insanity.

"Our friends even tell us that you're fucked in the head. You've wasted a big opportunity here, young lady." Her mom continued to rant.

All the way to the kitchen, Katie could hear everything the younger girl's mom was saying. She'd intervene, but she knew all too well that Y/n could handle herself.

"No, mom. Not going to Ireland to pursue my dreams is a waste of opportunity... marrying a man that I don't even love is a waste of opportunity. I'm tired, and I don't want to be held back anymore by you, or Lucas, or any of your bitchy friends who only likes to gossip about other people's life. My decision is final, and no one could ever change it, not even you. I'm done." Y/n said, giving her mother a piece of her mind for the first time in her life. Admitting that she's in love with Katie gave her the confidence to stand up for herself.

Her father stood silently, understanding his daughter's decision, and he couldn't help but feel proud. He knows his daughter, and little did Katie and Y/n know. He also knew who his daughter was talking about back at the engagement party.

Her mother walked out of the apartment, shocked that her own daughter raised her voice at her. She never realized how much she's grown to be a wonderful woman. All she could do was sighed as her father smiled at her apologetically.

"You've made the right decision y/n. Your mother will come through... one of these days. I'm so proud of you, my sweets." Her father said. Y/n hugged him, letting him know that she loved him dearly.