Announcement and Reactions

Third Person POV:

Once both ladies were done with their respective works, they sent a quick message to each other, letting them know they were on their way.

After the engagement, Katie couldn't dare to face y/n. She was heartbroken that her best friend and the love of her life is getting married to someone that's not her. She tried to isolate herself for days, but now that her friend needed her, she just couldn't stay away.

Arriving at their favorite diner first, Katie went straight to their spot. All the workers have to know their names by now, and they absolutely know what to get them.

"Hey there Katie, how's work coming along? Where's y/n at?" One of the workers asked.

"Hi there, John. She'll be joining me. She's on her way here now." Katie said, taking her seat on their usual spot by the window.

As if on cue, y/n entered the diner with a big goofy smile on her face, really happy to see her best friend after a long day at work.

"Glad to see you're still not setting the place on fire, John." Y/n said, continuing her occasional banter with one of the workers at the diner.

"You know I always come through!" He said, laughing at y/n's joke.

Katie smiled at the interaction between her best friend and John.

"Really, y/n. Is this going to be a regular thing now?" The green-eyed girl chuckled.

"Hello to you too, Ms. McGrath. You seem to owe me an explanation as to why you didn't show up last movie night." Y/n said, sitting in front of her friend.

"I'm so sorry, hun, I got caught up with work; I barely have the luxury of sleeping," Katie said.

She was not the type of person to lie, but she needed to do so this time. She couldn't technically say that she's been crying herself all week, heartbroken at the fact the girl she's been in love with since college is now getting married.

"You're forgiven. I can't stay mad at my best friend. Just promise me not to do it again. I was really worried about you." Y/n said, reaching across the table to hold Katie's hand.

Katie couldn't help but blush at y/n's gesture. In times like this, she was very thankful for her friend's obliviousness.

"Don't worry y/n. It won't happen again, I promise." Katie smiled at the beauty that was in front of her.

"Did you order already? I'm fucking starving," the young architect said, satisfied at her brunette's promise.

Katie laughed at her friend's choice of words.

"You know, if I didn't know better, I would've mistaken you as an Irish person. You sure as hell swear like one." She said, shaking her head.

The architect gasped at Katie's comment. She does swear a lot but only because her Irish friend is a massive influence on her.

"I do not! Besides, I only get to swear when I'm with you. All filters are off because I know I can be whoever the fuck I want when I'm with you." She smiled proudly.

"Yeah fuck them, hater, yeah?" Katie said, agreeing with the lady in front of her.

"Fucking yeah!" Y/n shouted, causing the other customers to look their way, others giving them a dirty look. On the other hand, the staff is used to seeing the pair this happy and all they could just shake their heads and smile as they continue with their work.

Y/n slipped down into their booth in embarrassment with what she had done while Katie, on the other hand, was dying of laughter in front of her.

The architect stared at Katie as she continued to laugh. Y/n couldn't believe how beautiful Katie really was. Little by little, she sits back correctly in front of Katie as she watches her friend laughing. Her green eyes shine through the light showing a hint of heterochromia, her infectious laughter is just music to her ears, and her angelic face... no doubt she was really made by God.