Ashlyn Harris : Coming Home

Requested by : spongebob_188

y/n POV : 

"I'm sorry babe I don't think I'll be able to make it to the finals." I tell my wife over FaceTime and she sighs. 

"I understand baby." She says and I feel really bad for lying to her but I want to surprise her. 

I am a doctor in the Army but I need to be with my wife now and start a family. I inform my superior and start packing my stuff. I head to the plane and it's taking me to France for Ash's game. 

I get off the plane and look for Dawn. I spot her and get in the car. 

"I missed you!" She says and gives me a hug. 

I've been close with Dawn and she's been trying to get me on the USWNT staff which now I am willing to take. WE arrive at the hotel and she sneaks me into a hotel room. 

I go to a room and fall on the bed but there's a knock on the door. I look in the peephole and see Jill with a plate of food. I open the door quickly and get the food. 

"Thank you so much." I say and she gives me a wink before leaving. 

I dig into my food and hear some commotion outside so I stand up and look through the peephole. 

"Why isn't she answering though?! She always calls me!" I hear Ashlyn say and it breaks my heart to hear her like this. 

I look at my phone to see that I left it on airplane mode so I turn it off to see multiple texts and missed calls from my wife. I quickly texts back making up some excuse that I was stuck in surgery and to not worry. I tell her to get her rest and that I love her. 

I get into bed and turn on the alarm to wake me up for the game. 

I wake up the next morning and put on Ash's jersey then do my makeup. I don't want to wear my uniform so I can blend in with the crowd. I order my uber so I can get there early to beat the traffic as well as get to my seats that are near the U.S. bench. 

The game is starting and Ash is on the bench but it's okay. 

At halftime it's still 0-0 and as the team walks by I put my sunglasses back on and lower my hat. I catch the attention of Lindsey who looks at me weird but shakes her thoughts continuing her path to the locker room. 

Halftime is over and they put Ash in goal so I look over to the bench and see a wrap around Alyssa's hand. 

The game has been going smoothly still no score but Ash is doing amazing. Alex goes down in the box and they award a penalty kick. Megan steps up and she SCORES! Soon after Rose scored too! Then the whistle blew and the crowd cheers!

Dawn comes over helping me over the barrier and the music cuts out and the speaker starts talking. 

"Everyone please rise for the return of Dr. y/n l/n who is coming back from Iraq. " They say and the team all turn their heads towards me. 

The young ones are the first ones to arrive at me tackling me to the floor. 

They all start a dog pile then get off and my wife is standing in front of me looking shocked.

"Hi baby." I say and she picks me up spinning me around. 

She sets me down and stares at me. 

"You're really here." She says and I nods giving her a kiss. 

We go to the locker room and Ash hasn't left my side. Ash opens the first bottle of champagne spraying it every where. She takes out her phone and starts taking a video. 

"My wifey came and we're gonna get fucked up tonight!" She says and gives me a kiss. 

I am given a beer from Kelley and dragged to take a picture with the trophy and Ash. We go back to the bus and Ash puts me on her lap and everyone is wasted. 

"I missed you so much babygirl." She says and kisses me. 

She grips my thigh and deepens the kiss slipping her tongue in my mouth. Our makeout session was cut short by me being yanked onto someone's lap. That person's lap is a drunk Alex Morgan. 

"God can you guys stop sucking faces." She says then laughs. Ash rolls her eyes before picking me back on her lap. We arrive back at the hotel and get dressed for the after party. We walk down and they give Ash a bottle that has sparks on it then stands up on the bar with her friends. 

She pulls me up and dances with me. I get down though after two songs to let her hang out with her teammates. 

I spot Sue and walk over to her and give her a hug. 

"Hey welcome back!" She says and we continue chatting until her girlfriend and my wife come over. 

"I'm stealing her to make up for a year of lost time." Ash says and pulls me away. 

We get into the elevator and she pushes me against the wall kissing me. She picks me up wrapping my legs around her waist. The elevator dings signaling we arrived at the floor and she puts me down taking me to her room. 

We go for an hour straight then lay in bed naked before the door opens and Pinoe jumps on the bed in between us. She doesn't care that we are naked and we have the covers over us. Ash takes her phone out to film Pinoe in our bed and she whispers. 

"I don't belong here." She whispers and Ash whispers back. 

"Shut up fuck up." I say laughing and they giggle as well. 

Sue comes back to get her girlfriend and takes her back to her room. 

We wake up the next morning and I get to fly with them to New York and L.A. 

"So I'm going to accept Dawn's proposal as a member of the medical staff." I say putting the World Cup shirt on. 

"Really?!" Ash asks and picks me up twirling me. 

"I also am ready to start a family." I say and her smile get bigger. 

We get the plane and Pinoe opens another bottle of champagne giving it out to everyone. Ash and I cheers looking at each other lovingly before sharing a kiss. 

I'm home.