Crossing his arms, he turned to face Kai. "After you finish with the linen, give her the tonic then come see me. I'll provide you with a list of her chores."

Kai looked at him with wide eyes. "Chores?" he questioned.

"Hmm, she seemed to be well enough to get up, walk around, and make friends. Three days of sleep has been more than enough for her to fully heal. You will be supervising her to ensure she completes her work properly and report to me if she doesn't."

Three days? How could he think that would be enough for my wounds to heal? This was not the first time I had woken up after being unconscious for multiple days. Each time I woke up with wounds I was expected to complete my assigned tasks, but no one was ever delusional enough to believe a few days of 'sleep' would heal me fully.

"B-but she's your wife, my Lords!"

"Only in name, Kai," Jaxon chimed in, with a chuckle. "In this house, you all rank higher than her. Feel free to make her life miserable, I know I will," he said with a wink, a maniacal smile spreading across his pink lips.

A chime came from his pocket. He pulled out a sleek, black phone and read the message he just received with a groan. "Cassius wants to talk to us about the introduction party," he said, shoving it back into his pocket. Pushing off the wall, he walked towards the stairs leading up. "Come on," he said over his shoulder to Ezra.

Ezra nodded before turning to me. "Cassius will be meeting with you when he's free sometime this week to question you. We couldn't find any mentions of any species referred to as 'humans' in our archives. We're guessing you were able to lie under Axel's influence right before you lost consciousness because you were in a delirious state, but he will be acquiring all the necessary information that he needs when you are summoned. Axel will be there to ensure that."

An uncomfortable shiver went down my spine at the mention of Axel. I could feel the remnants of his control in my head with the memories of the loss of mine. His mercury-like irises would haunt my nightmares for the nights to come, possibly overriding the older ones created by him.

Ezra continued to look at me after he finished speaking. I shrunk into myself under his heavy graze. Not knowing what he wanted, I simply nodded at his words while fear crept through my veins.

His eyes scrutinized me for a moment longer before he released a frustrated breath and ran his hand through his tousled hair. He reminded Kai to see him later then turned and left in the same direction as Jaxon.

Silence filled the air after their departure, only disturbed by Kai's fidgeting and shuffling. I looked down towards my bare feet that were being chilled by the icy temperature of the floor and noticed the cuts and scrapes that littered my skin and the dirt that covered my soles. Self-conscious, I glanced at Kai's spotless shoes and Henry's clean boots. Shuffling, I covered the worse off foot with the other to escape the cold somewhat and to hide the state of my feet the best I could. It was bad enough that I was just wearing a large shirt, underwear, and blood-stained bandages.

I momentarily froze at the thought, as a sudden realization hit me. Someone changed me. The panic bubbling in my chest faded before it could crest. Slowly the tension left my body as the initial shock at the realization wore off. This wouldn't be the first time that I woke up not wearing what I was when I lost consciousness. I'm just lucky and happy to be wearing anything thing at all.

Memories started to flash through my mind uncontrollably. I clenched my eyes shut and dug my nails into the palms of my hands to distract me. Following Henry's earlier directions, I breathed in and out slowly until I could manage to shove those unwanted memories into the deepest and darkest recess of my mind where I kept them locked away.