Chapter 40a- Beneath the Waterfall

-x- More descriptive and detailed events of beneath the waterfall -x-

Rey lowered her arms and looked back at him. Tears and freshwater intermingled upon her face. She was luminescent in the moonlight. Her expression was joy and pain, and it made his chest ache; then it changed. The wild smile became mischievous; her eyes devious. She reached for the now-soaked shirt she wore, then looking directly at him, pulled it up and over her head before flinging it aside. She smiled secretly before turning and taking a step further towards the edge of the rock and then another.

Ben leapt forward, grasping her hand.
"Rey."

Rey turned to him, and for a moment, he looked at her wet tendrils of hair, her hooded eyes full of something he'd not seen before, her lips dark in the half-light. But it was not her face that had him silenced. His eyes wandered to her naked torso, the moonlight and mist creating a glittering lustre upon her skin. He swallowed, suddenly aware of why she'd brought him here, of the fullness of her intentions, which he had in no way had the foresight to see.

Ben started to take a step away from her; it was too soon, but her hands went to him. Not his hand or his face but the hem of his damp tunic. Her fingers played with it momentarily as she looked at him, her gaze steadfast and intent. Ben held her gaze and relinquished to her unspoken command, relaxing his arms to allow her to lift the tunic across his chest and over his head. She dropped it to the floor without even blinking.

Ben's breathing was ragged as he looked at her, forcing himself to remain still. Ownership of this moment was hers. Outwardly, she appeared calm and totally in control, yet her breath was quick and fast as her chest and stomach fluttered. A long moment passed, and Ben felt wary of her eyes upon his scars. Rey suddenly reached for his face, pulling him towards her as her mouth passionately sought his. He grasped her to him, her flesh slippery and sensual against his own, as fear gave way to desire. She sighed into his mouth, making him moan into hers; he had wanted this more than he cared to admit.

Rey lost herself in the feel of his arms around her, of his firm chest pressed against hers, of his heart pounding within. She could feel the blood rushing in her veins, of the sweet warmth and ardent movement of his lips. She explored the depths of his mouth and the tangles of his hair. His fingers kneaded the bare flesh of her back hungrily. Without disentangling herself from those strong arms, her hands pulled at his waistband. The kissing stopped abruptly, and Ben grabbed her hands. She twisted her wrists from his grasp. They both knew why she had brought them here. They both wanted this union, so why was he resisting her? Rey pushed her leggings down, stepped out of them and kicked them aside, all the while staring at him boldly, daring him to move.

Rey watched Ben's eyes rove her newly nude body, his lips working hard. She felt her skin prickle in the cool, moist air from the waterfall, and a shiver ran through her as his gaze seemed to penetrate her core.

"Be with me," Rey urged him.

Ben gave Rey that look, head tilted, face full of vexation, the one he'd often given her whenever she'd disappointed him with her stubbornness. He inhaled deeply before surrendering and freeing himself of the rest of his clothing, stepping out of them. In one large stride, he was on her, hands grasping her face as their lips collided, his hunger and lust chasing away all reservations.

Ben held her to him tightly as his hand buried itself in her hair, his other arm clutching the small of her back to keep her flesh tightly to his. His lips moved from her mouth and began moving down her neck, and she clung to him and gasped as his kisses moved lower across the shallows of her neck and across her shoulders, hugging her to him as she leaned back with pleasure.