CHAPTER 21 | elysium

Start from the beginning

The angel returns to silence as the small star stirs. He quickly looks around the compartment only to find the one he is seeking is not beside him. Castyr's eyes droop as he turns his head to the window.

The angel looks at the star sadly before gazing toward the front of the compartment. His eyes light up as he spots his home approaching. I follow his gaze to see a light at the end of the tunnel. A perfect harmony of warm and cool colors radiate from the light.

The transport enters the light and leaves the tunnel. Colors of gold, yellow, and light pink surround us. I turn around to see a colorful mirage as the exit the tunnel. We fly in-between two layers of white clouds. Gold and pink rays from Heaven's sun crest the tops of the clouds.

I suck in my breath as we round a tall cloud. A magnificent, shining city sits upon a throne of clouds. The city seems to radiate light.

Cr: Artist - Steve Creitz

Space crafts swarm about the city as they come to and fro. A rippling cloth-like shield the color of a light blue surrounds the city. The shield sparkles as if it were crystal, but contains the flow of priceless silk. A metal ring circles the city at the shield's midway point.

"Welcome to Elysium, one of Heaven's major cities under Star Adelle. Elysium is a cultural center and hosts most of Heaven's guests," the angel explains.

A cracking sound turns our attention away from the shining city. We look behind us to see the mirage leading into the bridge cracking. I look closely as the cracks reach the edge. The mirage shatters, sending colorful fragments in all directions. The bridge had broken.

"What happened? Why did it break?" I ask the angel.

"News of Earth being breached must have reached Elysium. Heaven has blocked the bridge."

"That was close," I sigh. "What will happen to Earth since Heaven cut it off?"

"Scouts will be sent to assess the situation, and defenders will be sent to overcome Hades's troops and restore the bridge to Earth."

The situation sounds grave. Hades just declared war on Earth and Heaven. I hope Devyn's company will remain unaffected. I need to get back to Earth and look for Devyn. Castyr is now safe, so I will find a way back to Earth.

I come out of my thoughts as the transport reaches the ring and stops alongside the checkpoint.

"Please provide identification for each individual in the transport," a female voice sounds. Curious, I peek into the checkpoint to see a blonde female.

"Major Ilios of the Division of Defense, Star Castyr of Ithyos, and...." the angel looks at me for my identification information.

"Miren of Borum," I say to the lady.

"Point of departure?"

"Harlim, Earth," Ilios answers.

Silence follows. "One moment." The female closes the intercom with us and contacts her commander. The intercom comes back on after a few moments. "Please dock in bay V-798. A situation arose in your place of departure, so a debrief will be required before entry. A commanding officer of the Division of Defense will be with you shortly," the voice directs.

Ilios pilots the compartment to bay V in the ring and docks in space 798. A troop of military officers marches down the walkway towards us as we step out of the transport.

"Major Ilios."

"General," Ilios salutes.

"You must be Star Castyr." The general looks at the boy by my side.

Castyr nods.

"You are Miren of Borum?" He directs at me.

"Yes." I tilt my chin in respect.

"One of my officers will escort you to bay M. A craft is waiting to take you back to Borum."

I look up at the general.

"I am afraid you do not have the clearance to attend the briefing."

"I understand." I look at Castyr. His eyes are sad, but he will be safe here.

"Please, do not worry. You will be taken care of on your journey back to Borum," the general reassures me.

"Thank you for your efforts." I bow in thanks.

A lieutenant steps forward. "Follow me, please."

Castyr takes my hand as I step forward. I look at him.

"...Thank you...for everything."

I pat his hand. "Stay strong, okay?"

He nods. "Please find Devyn."

"I will." I squeeze his hand before letting go. I exchange bows with Ilios before following the lieutenant out of bay V.

He leads me to a craft in bay M filled with other passengers. I find a spot by a window and lean my head against the cool glass. I wipe away a silent tear and I recall my determination to find the lost Devyn.

Thnxx so much for reading!!
What do you think?? Will Miren be able to find Devyn? Let me know in the comments!
If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote 😊
As always, feel free to ask me anything anytime 💙
Enjoy and Happy Reading!!