Chapter 11: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Start from the beginning

Also, when would she ever have the chance to wear such fancy and elaborate clothes? She is an apprentice of a general, who is currently training every day, who is also wearing training clothes regularly for convenience, so Umi felt that the money spent on those clothes are petty much better to be allocated in something else that is much more important!

She didn't even have the time to be distressed about this. Training with Reyr and Cage was hard enough, but she still hadn't figured out a way to train her powers while inside this fortress without anyone knowing.

She felt frustrated enough!

"If you truly insist, then may I take this as a chance to ask for something else other than expensive clothing?" Umi finally gave up and was willing to negotiate. If this male lead won't stop, then they might as well be ready to get surprised to see a girl buried under heaps of clothes sooner or later!

The man beamed while crossing his arms over his chest. "Of course, ask me for anything you like."

Umi sighed in relief. Finally, she found a way to stop this man from pestering her with unnecessary gifts. This is not about her being an ungrateful brat, it's just that she had too many worries other than this matter, so might as well get rid of this issue sooner than later.

She was about to open her mouth to voice her wishes but a sudden voice that was heard behind abruptly interrupted her.

"I have arrived, my lord."

Umi slowly turned towards the childlike voice, her eyes widening in surprise as she saw a blinding image of a gorgeous child with a light purple hair and a pair of amethyst eyes.

The girl, despite looking like a child, radiates pristine and elegance even just by standing there. As the girl slowly raised her head, her eyes, which looked like a pair of shining amethyst stones, exudes maturity that far surpasses her age.

It was like an angel has arrived.

Wait, why is a child here, with no guardian nonetheless?

Umi tilted her head in confusion. She felt like she had known this girl before, she just can't point a finger at it.

Upon noticing the arrival of the girl, Zevlin stepped forward. "Was the transportation device successful?"

The girl lowered her head to bow. "Yes, my lord. I have delivered it straight to your study upon my arrival."

With the word "transportation device", Umi's eyes lit up in realization.

How can she ever forget? So that's why the girl seemed very familiar, it is only because Umi definitely knows the girl!

Now aware of the girl's identity, Umi quickly managed her facial expression into Fae's usual straight face to avoid any suspicions.

The girl then turned towards Umi. "You must be Fae, one of General Reyr's apprentices. The General talks a lot about you. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rosalyn, one of the Generals of Obsidian. I am pleased to finally meet you."

Umi's eyes widen in surprise. This child is a general?!

Oh, but then again, this was a fantasy world. Sure, having a child as a general should not be that surprising. Well—heck no! She's too young!

According to Umi's calculations, Rosalyn must still be ten years of age right now, but she is now a general? Does she mean, she is currently one of the highest-ranked persons in the organization?

Oh, but wait a second.

If Rosalyn is ten years old right at this moment, then Zevlin must be twenty now, since the two main characters have an age difference of ten years.