Believing beauty

Shelagh could hardly believe this was happening. She had answered questions to a now sleeping Timothy, sat next to Dr Turner- no Patrick, the person who she loved more then life itself.

"You're beautiful." Patrick told her lovingly

"Uh, thank you." Shereplied unconvinced. She stole a quick glance at him before brushing her hand over her hair behind her ear and not looking back at him.

"Shelagh, I mean it. Even in your habit and wimple I thought you where the most beautiful person in Earth!" He the stoke a look at her to see her looking at her feet.

She does not remember her mother complimenting her, it was not because she was horrible, just Shelagh could not remember, he father was a drunk alcoholic who beat her often, she had always been bullied for something- her height, glasses, having a dead mother, anything about her really- she had friends at school or as a nurse trainee and the doctors and other trainees were rude also. As Sister Bernadette, vanity was a sin. Shelagh has never even thought herself in anyway pretty. How someone so handsome, kind and amazing could love her was beyond her.

"Thank you Patrick, you are quite handsome yourself!" She smiled and Patrick took his hand off the gear stick and took her hand. He could tell she still did not believe him and he was not letting her out of his car till she believed him.

Patrick pulled the car to a stop and turned to her, "Shelagh. To me you are an Angel from heaven, you are the best thing that has happened to me. Shelagh I love you and you are so beautiful."

That one Proclamation made Shelagh believe, for the first time in her life, that someone thought her beautiful, and the fact that it was the love of her life, she finally felt beautiful herself.

Oh how she loved that man!