Never let their guard down

Click

The door shut behind Mother Mildred and Patrick and Shelagh looked at each other in the foyer Patrick burst into laughter,

"Patrick!"

"I am sorry Darling but when she said that the nurses marry and religious sisters never let there guard down in that department, " he used air quotation marks around the last 10 words, as well as trying to keep a hold on his laughter "I almost started then!"

Shelagh looked at him sternly as they continued to walk into the living room, "I was just like the comments I got when I first renounced my vows, it was positively mortifying!" Patrick let out another laugh as Shelagh hit him lightly on the chest but as he was saying sorry between hiccoughing down his laughter, Shelagh's lips turned up slightly into a smile of sorts.

"Come on girls, time to get ready for bed, you to Teddy." Shelagh picked Teddy up as Angela asked Patrick to read her and May a story.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Once Teddy and the girls were tucked in and read to, and lights out was negotiated with Tim, Patrick and Shelagh tidied the lounge. Once it was up to Shelagh's standards again, Patrick sat on the couch with one arm lying on the arm of the said couch and the other around Shelagh who has snuggled up in him, with her head against his chest.

"Do you think we should go?" Sheath asked hesitantly

"Well if Mother Mil-"

"I do not want to hear her name again, I believe it is good for the order but I am asking is it good for us?"

"I believe it would be good, it is only ten days and it could do us some good."

"But the children-"

"I know, I know. And the children will like it at Nonnatus, plus I would enjoy it if you brought a certain bri-nylon nightdress..."

She laughed and looked up at her Husband "Patrick! I definitely could not deal with being pregnant or having another baby! Besides, that was for warm weather in South Africa, it was freezing at night where I came from during winter and that is just under two-hundred miles south, meaning it was warmer!" She then smirked and stated flirtatiously, "Moreover, I always want that nightgown to be my Africa nightgown."

"I think we should discuss this tomorrow, with a clearer head and perhaps you will not flirt so much with me!" he smirked down at her as her head nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

"I think I want to go to our bedroom darling, do you?" she looked up at him innocently but with passion in her eyes.

"Of course darling" and in one swift movement both of them stood and pulled each other hand in hand up towards there bedroom, they were not going to go to sleep for a while though.