Chapter 98: *Filler* Days with the Straw Hats: Nami

ابدأ من البداية

I groaned, "But they were on sale!"

"Katsu," Nami shook her head, "You can't possibly eat ten cases of oranges before they go bad-"

"It was fifty." I answered, making her eye twitch.

"Of all people, why did you have to be the one loaded?"

"Because I sell priceless art, which ironically gets a very nice price from a museum." I held up the map shoving it in her face. "Can I draw another picture that would go with each of your maps? You'll have to give me a description of the island, but with the map and your description I can draw the island from all angles. It probably won't be exact, since you can't tell me the exact placements of the trees, but I can get a good idea of it all from the information."

She blinked at me, looking down at the map which I had shoved in her hand before looking back at me. "How does this help you? Can you read them?"

"Duh," I wrinkled my nose at her shaking my head. "Mamoru taught me how to read maps."

"How can you read maps but not know left from right?"

"It's left and other left. None of that right conspiracy in front of me." I stated, "Mamoru was basically my teacher, of course he was going to teach me to read maps. Damn old man always got so excited talking about maps."

Nami appeared skeptical as she glared at me.

"I won't need it for future islands, because I can see them in person, but for the islands that I missed I would need your description to add onto your map." I continued, pulling out some of the other pictures which I had done on separate paper to pair with Nami's maps. "Here's for the last couple of islands by the way."

She took the pictures and blinked, looking down and picking up one of the maps that paired with the island pictures. I could see that she wasn't as skeptical, though some still lingered. "I didn't think of you drawing a picture to go with the maps." She murmured.

I nodded, then paused, remembering Arisu's financial advise. "I'll do that for ora- ah," I cleared my throat wincing as I realized I was about to make a mistake. Sanji would give me free oranges. "I'll do it if you cut my debt in half, and I'll pay you in cash when I find where Arisu hid some of my money."

"I'll reduce it by a quarter. But!" She held up her finger and narrowed her eyes at me. "Only if you pay it in cash all at once. And only if you never touch my maps-"

"Oh, that was only payback for touching my drawings." I countered, a smirk forming on my face. "So technically, you shouldn't be adding anything to my debt."

Nami frowned, then sighed. "Fine. I'll drop it, but only this once! Now show me you can actually do what you said."

With that not only did I prove Nami I could easily sketch out the other islands from the help of her description and the map provided, but it also became a regular thing her and I did. Typically we would meet up once a week, whichever day happened to fall best for both of us. Those days ended up being quite nice because nobody bothered Nami when she was working, not even Luffy. Which meant I gained a few hours of peace as well.

Perhaps Nami was the only member on the crew that everyone actually left alone when they asked it. Well, with the exception of me, since I have almost no sense of boundaries at times.

To make those days even better, Sanji waits hand and food for every one of Nami's whims. Sure, he does for Robin and I as well, but Nami takes full advantage of it. Therefore, she ends up putting in extra demands for me as well. I benefit because I get the treats from Sanji, I get peace and quiet, and I don't have to feel bad for demanding anything from Sanji!

She's also developed a strange habit of writing down all the paintings I've sold with the prices beside them. At the tenth one I told her she started drooling for some strange reason and I stopped listing them off. I got the feeling she'd go into a coma if I told her the other twenty paintings, not to mention the royalties Arisu placed on ten of those for me.

....................................................................

End of Chapter 98!

I know Nami and Katsu don't seem to hang out together often, so I'll try to add in more Nami and Katsu in the future chapters. Overall I think Katsu vibes with all the Straw Hats, it's just some she vibes more than others. However, I think it's cute how she has the little things she does with each crew member.

What's the next filler ya'll want? I'll give ya'll some options to think about.
Letters to Mamoru.(Part 4)
Days with Mamoru (Part 3)
Emerald Pirates (Part 1)

Of if you guys have any new ideas you'd like to see let me know!

This is not edited!