Chapter 10: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Start from the beginning

Speaking of Cage, Umi saw the said boy standing before her door as she opened it after washing her face.

"Fae, the general called for us," Cage said while fidgeting. He was clearly nervous and anxious.

Yesterday, when the four of them reached the topmost of the castle, which happens to be Zevlin's study, the Reyr and the two children parted ways with their Lord. Reyr then escorted the two children to their new chambers, which is also beside his own for convenience.

For Umi, it wasn't her first time to enter a castle like this, for she had already filmed a movie in a castle when she was working as an actress in her past life, but it was her first time truly living in one.

This really is a different world.

Umi only then just realized how being an apprentice of a general is such a privilege. That must explain the stares of envy from the others.

Finally having a soft and huge bed after five years of sleeping on a hard wooden bed, she slept like a log the whole night, which explains her half-awake state right now, her disorientation only grew when she argued with Mochi so it really wasn't much of a help to fully wake her up.

"Why is he looking for us? The sun hasn't fully risen yet," Umi replied absentmindedly.

Cage raised one eyebrow. "He said he will train us at dawn, remember? He said there will be punishment for being late."

"Oh," Umi snapped, her face finally showing some clarity. "I'll only grab my things then we'll go."

By the time the two of them reached the training grounds, Reyr was already waiting for them. Because of being late for only a few minutes, the two children were penalized to run around for a few laps.

Their bodies covered in sweat, the three of them continued their training the whole day, only stopping for breaks to eat their scheduled meals. When the sun has long gone already, and the two bodies of the children dropped to the ground, only then that Reyr felt satisfied.

"Not bad for the first day." Reyr nodded in approval, his smile almost reaching his ears as he watched the two children dragged their heavy feet towards a private dining area intended for the higher-ups.

Although this was a private dining area, Umi never saw another general join them for a meal. It is said that the other generals were currently on their own special missions away from the headquarters, and will only come here regularly once in several weeks. The prince also didn't eat here, he only ate at his study, as what Reyr said to them a while ago when Cage was looking for him.

"General, will we be doing this kind of training forever?" Cage asked, his face weary.

"No, of course, I will train you harder and harder until you reached the pinnacle of your strengths."

The two children only sighed deeply but their faces immediately flashed in delight when they saw the feast before them as soon as they reached the dining table. The three of them quickly ate to their heart's content.

Umi glanced to the floating kitten to her side and she flashed the said kitten a smirk, clearly meaning to say 'Look at this feast! You can't eat this.' She wanted to stick her tongue out to the sassy kitten but that would be improper in front of the others.

The kitten can only drool as he watched the girl eating a few mouthfuls of sweetened bread and pies.

Umi felt extremely happy. If dinner was like this every day, then she wouldn't mind the harsh training! This food is very much worth the pain and sweat, she can only hope that she will never be full so she can eat more! Stomach, be good!