part 43

charlis pov:

...10% is very low chance typically patients don't make it..." what was she about to say. please.dont fucking dare say it. all i could think about was all the memories,skating with him,faily dunkin runs that he's go out of his way to go on and bring me for,all our tiktoks. it's like our whole life and relationship up to this point was a movie
"but i guess chase decided 10% was enough to pull through" the nurse along with the other 13 from surgery room behind her smile. HOLY SHIT.WHAT DID SHE SAYS. i lit up i've never been more thankful in my life,couldn't be any fucking happier. "OH MY GOD" i basically screamed through tears. "THOMAS THOMAS THOMAS" i said tugging his arm he smiled while wiping a few of his own tears away. he chuckled happily "so what's next" the nurse smiled and shrug " right now we are focused on keeping him alive and breathing,but it really depends on his body,he could be realeased as early as tomorrow morning or still he in here for weeks,months maybe even years who knows" i felt sad at the last part, though the only thing i needed was for chase to be alive and okay,i didn't want to see him stuck in a hospital for the rest of his life. i know how much he hates hospitals and even someone who loves them would get tired of it after a while. "when can we see him?" i basiaclly screamed in excitement trying to take my mind off the worry of how long he'll be in here. " he's on his way back here for surgery room to recover, suggest no more visitors then you guys for a little bit as he will be very,foggy?out of it when he wakes up.it should wear off after about 20-30 minutes after he wakes up" i nodded smiling. "how long will it take to wake him up?" shit. i didn't think about that until thomas said it.usually in movies they don't know. days,weeks,months,my thoughts were cut off "only 10 ish minutes not long" she smiled i nodded sighing in relief. "thank you so much" thomas smiled and thank the nurses as they walked off. soon after a familiar white hospital bed was wheeled in with a unconscious chase. he was white,still skinnier then ever,with his hair messed and a hospital gown,though could see massive white bandages and wraps underneath on his stomach. he was so frail,almost dead looking but from the shallow breathing, and his chest moving up and down ever so slightly i could tell he was alive. i was beyond happy. i grabbed onto thomas's arm basically shaking him to death. thomas smiled still collecting himself after hearing that chase was potentially dead. it was weird to see thomas so emotional,the only ever person to see him cry was mia and even that we never heard about it if we knew about it,it definitely wasn't because we were supposed to be. but lately even thomas,the most well put together,collective,calm guy, was a total mess.

but maybe just maybe we could once again get past this all and be okay,chase would be okay