Chapter 1 - Coffee

**Ed's POV**

The little bell above the door rang as I entered the tiny coffee shop, I loved it here. I walked over to the counter taking in the smell of freshly brewed coffee and baked muffins. "Black coffee please" I said to the girl behind the counter. I have to admit, she was pretty damn beautiful. Her hair was dyed a lilac/blonde colour and was tied up in a messy bun: her eyes were such a captivating green it was hard for me not to stare. She looked about 20 ish. Her eyes met mine for a second before she stared at her shoes and mumbled "£1.45 please". I rummaged around in my pocket before pulling out a 2 pound coin, as she took it I noticed a beautiful tattoo which outstretched from the middle of her elbow and twisted around her forearm. It was song lyrics surrounded by tiny lilac flowers but I didn't have time to catch what song it was. She saw me staring at it and quickly pulled her sleeves down before escaping in to the back of the shop to make my coffee. It was strange, I didn't know why she would want to hide such an amazing tattoo. Unless it wasn't the tattoo, maybe she thought I was looking at something else which I was unaware of.

I was torn from my thoughts as she came out carrying a tray with an enormous coffee mug on it. I took it, saying thank you, and sat in the corner of the shop. I couldn't keep my eyes of this girl, I needed to find out her name. She was mesmerising in every possible way. I glanced over to the counter, her piercing green eyes meeting mine for a brief second before she turned away, her pale cheeks flushing pink. This occured multiple times throughout my time in the shop until she approached my table to take my cup as I was finished. Her sleeves were rolled up again and I wish they weren't. Tiny faded white lines cluttered her beautiful pale skin. They were all over her arms, I don't know how I hadn't noticed before, but now I couldn't see anything but the self-inflicted scars which covered her skin. Thoughts bubbled in to my head, why would she do this to herself? I looked up to meet her eyes but she was staring at the scars. Her eyes darted up and I could see the sadness behind her eyes. That sadness and longing for safety and happiness. "I.." she stuttered before dropping the tray and running in to the back of the shop. Luckily I was the only customer in. I picked up the tray and began to pick up the broken coffee mug until the floor was clear. I placed it on the counter and went through the back where the girl went. She was sitting ,curled up in a ball, on a chair hidden in the corner. I could hear faint sobs escaping her mouth and she shook slightly, occasionally gasping for air. I walked over to her quietly. I didn't even know her name. I cleared my throat causing her to look up, tears escaped her emerald eyes. "I'm...I'm sorry" she whispered. I kneeled down in front of her and took her hands away from her face. " You have nothing to be sorry for, what's your name love?". She looked at me and whispered "Kayla". I rubbed her back as she let out the tears she had clearly been holding in. Then all of a sudden she leaned in to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back, rubbing her back for about 10 minutes until she stopped crying.

A voice came from behind me "Who the fuck do you think you are?" I turned around to be met with a tall man. His expression was twisted in to anger and hatred. I couldn't tell wether it was aimed at me or Kayla. "Daniel please don't" Kayla said from behind me, I could tell she tried to be firm with him but her voice wavered and it was obvious that she was terrified of this man. "Shut up you slut, get in the car" he spat at her. She got up from behind me and mouthed a 'Sorry' to me before she walked out of the shop. "You stay the fuck away from my girl. Do you understand?" he said, before shoving past me and out of the cafe. I stood there in shock. What just happened?

I really like where I'm going with this story :)
Theres a picture of Kayla's hair attatched!

comment, vote, share!

I'll update as much as I can.
- Kim