a drag

"I still don't know why you guys are doing this," Madison snorted

"I've explained this four times Madison," Eric jokingly sighed. 

Madison, Jack, and Eric were all currently in Madison's room, Shawn leaving to compose himself a few moments prior. Something had happened at the Student Union in which Eric and Jack had seen something they shouldn't have and now had to hide from the angry and possibly murderous men they had seen. Madison really didn't get it. 

But what she was enjoying, was the fact that right now she was doing the makeup of her boyfriend and his best friend, turning them into women. 

She couldn't make this stuff up. 

Jack was still sitting on her bed, looking over her shoulder to stare nervously at what she was doing to Eric. It was something new she had learned about her boyfriend - he didn't mind and frankly liked her putting makeup on him. It was wonderful. 

"You're not gonna put that much on me... right?" Jack said quietly. 

"Jack, you've got to commit to the character," Eric chastised, eyes tightly shut. 

Madison snickered and continued to lightly brush eyeshadow over his eyelid. It was basically like putting her "dress-up" face on him, with a little more contouring, - eyeshadow, little bit of eyeliner, mascara, blush, bronzer, concealer, and foundation. Eric had asked her to explain what everything was before she put it on. She seemed to think that this was more for Jack's sake than his. 

"I cannot believe this is my future," Jack whined, gesturing to Eric. 

"If you're gonna complain about your future again you can take your ugly mug out of here," Eric snapped. 

A moment of silence passed. 

"Sorry, was that too harsh?" Eric whispered. 

"Maybe a little," Madison snickered, shaking her head. 

Jack groaned in exasperation but seemed to come to terms with the course of the evening. He shuffled on her bed and leaned back against her headboard, arms above his head. The room settled into a comfortable quiet, the soft hum of whatever band was playing on her radio lightening the mood. Eric and Madison were crouched on her hardwood floor, plush pillows underneath them. The floor was  covered in a scatter of makeup and brushes, no organization could be found. Eric had already slipped on his womanly outfit while Jack and Madison both relaxed in their usual attire of long sleeve and jeans. It had been a long time since the three of them had just hung out with each other, especially in Madison's room. It was lovely to have them back in the house. 

"What are you gonna do after grad Maddy?" Jack suddenly inquired. 

"I don't know, something," Madison brushed off.

"That doesn't sound like the Whirley I know," Eric teased.

"Please Eric, let the nickname die a horrible and violent death," Madison snorted, "And I know, I usually have everything figured out and planned to the tee. But, you know, I kinda love not having a plan."

"I guess I'm rubbing off on yah," Eric hummed. 

Madison scoffed and tenderly turned his head for the other eye. Jack seemed to be stewing behind them as they flirted and she wondered why he was bringing all this stuff up. 

"What about you Jack?" Madison prodded. 

"Jacky Jack is off to be the next big business man," Eric mused. 

"That's the last thing I want," Jack cut off, voice stern. 

Madison turned in her spot to look at him, and she grew concerned at his turmoiled face. Did they all really have no plan? Not one of them?

"You'll find your way," Madison promised, trying to catch his eye. 

He seemed a little unconvinced, but the mood in the room shifted to the positive. 

"What about New York?" Eric inquired. 

"What about New York?" Jack snapped. 

"Not you knucklehead, I was talking to Mads," Eric growled.

"New York?" Madison giggled. 

"Yeah, wouldn't it be fun?" Eric sighed, "You looked so... in place there when we visited. You could do your masters or get a job there."

She had never really thought about her masters before, but maybe it was an avenue to explore. And New York? God, she loved New York. She didn't know why she had never thought about it before. 

"I think New York would be lovely," Madison sighed, pressing a soft kiss to his lips, "And you, my love, are ready."

Madison was trying really hard to subdue her laughter as his eyes blinked open, framed by mascara and eyeliner. He actually looked super good, and definitely could pass for a woman if he tried hard enough. 

"How does it feel to not be the hottest woman in the room?" Eric seductively said, flipping his imaginary hair. 

"I am so jealous," Madison snickered, shaking her head. 

New York. 

--

A nice and sweet chapter I decided to write today as it is my birthday <3