a breakup

*A lot of time skips and timeline alterations here *

"Oh this is so much fun, the four of us living together!" Rachel hummed. 

Madison, Angela, and Topanga all smiled bright back at her, plopping down on the red couch. It had been a long few weeks of turmoil over the apartment, with an actual physical fight between the girls and guys occurring while Madison was at a meeting with the guidance counsellor. It was an absolutely shocking story to be told after the fact, and she had rushed over to the dorms to check on Jack and Eric. Not long after, Angela's dad made an appearance on the scene and shook things up. It was weird to see Shawn try so hard for something when Madison had never seen him fight for anything in his life. It was touching, and she was glad they were back together. 

"Nothing beats girlfriends," Angela sighed. 

"What movies did you rent?" Topanga inquired. 

"Oh I have 'Little Women', 'Terms of Endearment', and 'Ever After'," Rachel read aloud, holding the three cases. 

Madison tried to keep the smile on her face as Rachel read them out. It wasn't that she disliked romance and drama movies, she just preferred other genres. Maybe Eric would arrive early for their date and save her. 

"Where's Eric taking you tonight?" Angela inquired, nudging her.

"I don't know, probably some random restaurant," Madison answered. 

"Okay, before you go... I have something to ask all of you," Topanga said seriously, placing down the cheese board she was holding. 

Rachel, Angela, and Madison all held faces of concern, all expecting the worst possible things that Topanga could have to ask of them. 

"I know it's probably already been assumed but I want to make it official," Topanga announced, "Will you guys be my bridesmaids?"

The entire apartment erupted in cheers and 'oh my god yes's. Madison felt her forced smile transform into a beaming one. She actually hadn't assumed she'd be a bridesmaid, but was ecstatic nonetheless. 

"I'm just so happy right now and I wanted to make you guys happy too," Topanga beamed, happy tears pooling in her eyes. 

All three girls squeezed Topanga tightly, tearing up with her. Madison was just about to thank her profusely when the door swung open, revealing a smirking Eric. Once he took in the hugging and crying girls, his entire demeanour changed. 

"You girls are moving out?" he inquired, excitement etched in his voice. 

"Eric," Madison chastised, removing herself from the hug, "Topanga just asked us to be her bridesmaids."

"Oh," Eric said dejectedly, "That's cool too."

Madison shook her head in teasing annoyance and stood up, sliding her purse onto her arm. She said her quick goodbyes to her friends and allowed Eric to lead her out of the apartment. Casual conversation was passed between the two lovebirds as they made it down to the car, driving off into the night.