a needed kiss

"Mom I

"Mom I... Mom can you let me finish," Madison groaned, opening the door to the student union, "Mom I know the people I'm moving in with! It's literally Eric!"

Madison appreciated her aunt getting her this new 'flip-phone' for Christmas but didn't appreciate the way her family could now pester her even more. 

"No we're not getting back together..." Madison sighed. 

"Maddy!"

Her head popped up and she noticed Rachel waving to her. It was a weird sight to see, Rachel, Eric, Topanga, and Cory all sitting together on the couch, with Mr. Feeny holding a stack of cards in front of them. Madison also clued in to the fact they were holding whiteboards. It looked to be some kind of game. 

"Mom, Mom! I gotta call you back," Madison snapped, "Yes I will swing by to grab my stuff bye!"

She couldn't help the annoyed sigh that passed through her lips as she snapped the phone shut. The union was extra busy that afternoon, so she had to slip through many different people. 

"Hey guys, whatcha doing?" Madison inquired, leaning onto the back of the couch between the two pairs. 

"Playing a game called the fiancee game," Rachel answered, sending her a big smile.

Madison couldn't control the way her heart dropped into her stomach, probably making a very obvious face, before she pulled it back together. 

"Fun," Madison said teasingly. 

"Yeah and the only actual couple is losing," Topanga snarled, glaring at her fiancee. 

Madison still couldn't believe that Topanga and Cory were actually getting married. It only seemed like yesterday they were the weird sixth graders that popped up everywhere. She wished them the most beautiful wedding. 

"Not one question right," Topanga continued, looking dejected. 

"It's a game!" Cory defended, "The questions are ridiculous. A relationship is not based on fish!" 

Madison cocked her brow, wondering what the hell that meant. Fish?

"You didn't know I was right-handed," Topanga countered. 

"Okay that was bad," Cory accepted. 

Madison decided to allow them to continue to have their little dejected moment and turned to look at Rachel and Eric, who were conversing with Mr. Feeny. 

"I think we have run out of time, good night everyone," Mr. Feeny suddenly spoke, practically jumping out of his seat.

She was unsure as to why his exit was so swift, but she assumed it had something to do with the fact that he was uncomfortable around the Topanga and Cory fight - she couldn't say she wasn't. Rachel sent him a small wave before turning to Eric, a bright smile on her face.