a wedding

It was the day

It was the day. It was finally the day they had all been waiting and tirelessly preparing for. 

The bridesmaids and Topanga's mom had spent all morning preparing her for the big day and a chain of shocking events had led them to where they were now - the Philadelphia Victorian Hotel. Somehow, and she decided to once again not ask questions, Eric had secured them the event space for their wedding. When Shawn and Cory had butted heads one two many times, Shawn had lost his privilege as the best man. Madison didn't know the whole story but knew that it must've been bad for Shawn not to even be a part of the wedding anymore. She was hoping it didn't affect the progression of the wedding. 

"Maddy, bobby-pin," Angela demanded, hands stuck in Topanga's hair. 

Madison hopped to it and handed her a bobby-pin. The female wedding party was bridal suite, new and improved bridesmaids dresses on, and getting their best friend ready for her wedding. The energy was palpable in the room. 

"Do you think anything is going to change between us after I get married?" Topanga suddenly inquired, turning to look sombrely at her friends. 

"No, nothing is going to change," Angela reassured, "Just because you're moving out, and you're setting up house, and you're going to be with Cory all the time and maybe have kids some day... gosh I am never going to see you again am I?"

Angela's eyes welled with tears and Topanga pulled her maid of honour in. 

"Do you want me to call it off?" Topanga suggested. 

"I want you to be happy," Angela shut down. 

"I want you to be happy too," Topanga cried, hugging Angela tighter. 

"I want you to be happy three!" Rachel cheered. 

"Four!" Madison giggled, joining in on the giant group hug they had created. 

They pulled away from each other and readjusted their hair, prompting Angela to shriek "You're getting married today!"

All they could do was dance around and shriek with each other, just so overwhelmed with joy. 

-- 

There was so much that happened, Madison couldn't even begin to put it into words. The wedding was going along smoothly, each person finding their place up at the altar. Madison was a little miffed that because of the best man switcheroo she had to walk alone, but she quickly over it. But everything changed so fast. Mrs. Matthews was singing a song as a gift to Topanga and Cory when Shawn walked in with the rings, prompting their fight to escalate once again. Physical and emotional blows were given back and forth, and now they were sitting down on the altar, talking and crying. Madison's couldn't make this shit up. 

"Are they serious right now?" Rachel harshly whispered. 

"This is ridiculous," Angela snapped. 

"Oh thank god," Madison sighed when they rose to their feet, giving each other a tight hug. 

It was finally time. Topanga could now say her vows. 

"I wasn't sure this day would ever come, but you were. I wasn't sure that love could survive everything we put it through... but you were." 

Madison's eyes jumped over to Eric's and she smiled. It seemed every wedding they went to, every vows they heard together, just made her that more in love with him. He wasn't even looking at her this time, he was just staring in admiration at his brother. It was sweet. 

"You were always strong, and always sure. And now I know that I want you to stand beside me for the rest of my life. That's what I'm sure of." 

Madison tried to keep her eyes and focus on the sentimental feel of today and not Cory and Shawn's antics as Cory lightly led Shawn off of the altar so he could say his vows. 

"Ever since I was young, I never really understood anything about the world. And I never understood anything that happened in my life. The only thing that ever made sense to me was you. And how I felt about you."

Tears began to spring in her eyes. 

"That's... all I've ever known, and that's enough. That's enough for me for the rest of life Topanga... we gonna get married?"

"Yeah, we are," Topanga choked out through her tears. 

"Good, good," Cory laughed, "Cause... I have these rings."

I love yous were passed between the couple as they exchanged rings, the entire crowd of family and friends crying with them. It had been a long and arduous journey to get here, even dating back to when they were just two kids first falling in love. Madison couldn't believe that she was standing here, staring at Cory and Topanga getting married, and with the love of her life. 

She just couldn't believe it. 

-- 

"How'd you do it?" Madison teased, looking up at Eric. 

"Do what?" he countered. 

"You know what," Madison groaned, "This wedding. How'd you do it?"

"That's a story for another time my darling," Eric dismissed, smirking.

Madison rolled her eyes but dropped it, she was bound to find out soon enough. The dance floor was littered with swaying couples, Madison and Eric included, as the wedding was drawing to a close. Madison still was in awe of where she was. Two years ago she would've never imagined herself anywhere close to this situation. It was... odd.

"What's on your mind?" Eric inquired, pressing a kiss to her temple. 

"Nothing..." Madison began, "I just... I never thought I would be here, you know. Even a year ago I would've thought this was crazy."

"Cory and Topanga getting married?" Eric asked, confusion in his voice. 

"Well, yes and no," Madison stuttered, "I never thought I would be here... with you."

Eric didn't respond, he just looked down at her with a ghost of a smile. His gaze was intense and it made her heart flutter. 

"Listen, I was thinking..." Eric changed the subject.

"This can't be good," Madison giggled. 

"I was going to follow Cory and Topanga on their honeymoon to make sure everything goes okay..." Eric explained, "Come with me."

"To the Bahamas?" Madison snorted.

"Yeah, come with me," Eric repeated. 

Silence cloaked them as Madison weighed the pros and cons. Cons: missing lots of school, spending lots of money, pros: Eric. It was a heavily weighted cons list that gave her stress hives just thinking about. But... 

For once in her life, she decided to put Eric above the cons. 

"Yes, let's go."