I felt my heart ache a bit when he mentioned his daughters. Thankfully, therapy has been helping me with not getting so emotional at my past; so I keep myself together and respond, "Yes, they're young. It'll take some time. Well Terrell, it's getting late and I have to get to work tomorrow. I'll text you the address, see you at the party?"

"Yes, I'll be there and good night."

"Goodnight."

I hang up the phone in relief from the end of our conversation and get ready to take a shower and go to bed.

After my shower, I turn the light off and lay in bed. Sometimes I feel you just need to lay in complete darkness to think about life and bring your thoughts together.

Terrell telling me he still loves me keeps replaying in my head as I toss and turn.

How does he say that but can take flights back to his family like none of that ever happened? It's superficial almost that he doesn't have any self awareness on his actions or words.

It's getting hard to leave him and our divorce in the past when him being around is a constant reminder of it.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a civil relationship but understand that the past needs to be left in the past. My future is hopefully with Micah and I don't need Terrell in the way of that.

The Following Day

"Alright, the meeting is now adjourned. Thank you so much!"

Everyone leaves the board meeting and a ray of happiness comes over me. I had just secured a deal I've been waiting on for so long!

As I'm putting my files back in my folder, my mother comes in and asks, "So...how did it go?"

"Amazing!!! They agreed that opening another location in London would be a great opportunity!!!"

"Aww, look at my daughter doing the damn thing!"

I smile and exhale a breath a relief from the delight of the news. "Tonight is going to be the perfect way to celebrate."

Later On
"Wow, you actually matched with me! You're looking great baby! Let's take a picture."

After taking some pictures, Micah pecks my lips and wraps his arms around me

After taking some pictures, Micah pecks my lips and wraps his arms around me. "Someone is in a good mood and you look great to. How was your day?"

I take a sip of a new wine that has become one of my favorites and smile saying, "It went exactly how I can planned it. I finally got the approval to open another headquarters and factory in London!"

"Congratulations, I'm so proud of you babe! The only way is up now."

While Micah and I were talking, Raine and Vivica come to our table also. In the corner of my eye, I see Terrell come in.

Even though the event tonight was casual, he came dressed to impress. I'm not going to lie, he looked nice but that's just me liking the suit.

He comes over to the table with us and says, "Good evening and this is a great party Kamaria

He comes over to the table with us and says, "Good evening and this is a great party Kamaria."

Raine looks over at me and asks, "Harpo, who dis man?"

Oh my God...Micah was right, I can't take her NOWHERE!

Vivica hits Raine with her purse. "Hush it child."

"It's alright, everyone this is my ex husband Terrell. Terrell this is my boyfriend Micah and his family."

Micah surprisingly shakes his hand but goes back to drinking his wine not paying him any mind.

Vivica looks at him up and down and says to Raine, "Mhmm, así que este este es el infame ex marido."

Raine responds, "Sí, se parece a Bobby Brown. Simplemente feo."

Thankfully, I learned Spanish a few years ago and I knew the tension was rising between all of us as I introduced Terrell.

"Well, the night is almost coming to an end,why don't we make a toast?" I look at Micah and smile raising my glass saying, "To new beginnings."

Everyone replies, "To new beginnings."