13

Many tubes were hooked up to Fiona's body.

Sam and Dean sat outside of her room while her father stayed by her bedside.

"Hey, you alright?" Sam asked his brother.

Dean kept his eyes trained on Fiona.

"Dean?"

The hunter snapped out of his thoughts and sat up straight.

"Yeah, Sammy?"

"Are you okay?"

Dean nodded his head.

"I will be once she's better."

He stood up and headed outside.

Sam sighed and walked towards Fiona's room.

"How is she?"

"The doctors say she'll be awake in a few days." Brady sighed sadly.

"Look, you and Dean have helped me greatly. And now that the threat it gone, I don't think there's any reason for the two of you to stick around."

Sam scoffed.

"Look, Brady—"

"Do I need to get the cops involved?"

Sam looked at the man with slight anger and confusion.

"We just saved your daughter. And all that you're asking of me and my brother is to get out of town?"

"You two helped greatly and I'm thankful for that. But that brother of yours... you two need to leave."

"This doesn't make any sense!"

Brady stood and pushed Sam out of the room.

"I've heard stories about you two. Wherever you go, trouble follows. I may be a hunter and I may be endangering the life of my daughter but I don't need to be working twice as hard with the likes of you two around here. So, I'm going to ask this nicely, get out of town before I chase you two out."

Sam gulped down the insults that rose to his throat. This man had every right to be protective of his daughter. But what if he was wrong about the situation? What if the vampires they had fought were still after him?

Sam sighed and reached into his pocket for a card.

"Here, if anything happens, call my cell or Deans."

Brady took the card and put it in his pocket.

"We'll be out of town by morning." Sam said as he walked towards the exit.

Brady watched the man until he disappeared outside.

Dean was leaning against his Impala

Dean was leaning against his Impala. A small smile on his lips as he watched his brother walk towards him. Then, as he saw his brothers face, his smile fell.