020.RATICATE

Been debating whether I'll scrap this or not. However, I did promise a special chapter so here's a late late Christmas chapter. Think of it as my new year present, If that makes sense. Hopefully, this will suffice from my long absence.

--December 24--

'For the safety of our passengers, ALT has canceled the following flights due to inclement weather conditions brought about by hurricane, which directly affect parts of America.'

'In anticipation of Hurricane's effect on flight operations, all American airport authority encourages everyone to coordinate with their respective airlines for any announcements of flight cancellations, rescheduling, or rebooking of flights'

'International news: A hurricane will hit America during Christmas day. We informed the members of the American community in its jurisdiction, especially those with relatives in areas affected by the Hurricane. That the Embassy stands ready to assist them, including facilitating communications between them and their relatives. we wished everyone to stay safe in this unfortunate news befalling on Christmas.'

(Y/n) paused entirely on one page, thumb frozen above the flashing screen. Her eyes glued uptight at the news displayed all over her feeds, A hurricane, expected to arrive with heavy rainfalls and nature-threatening inundation. The chances are high for it to bring terrible damage due to thunderstorms, violent winds, and so much more she couldn't bring herself to say. The world could be so cruel to get it to happen on such a special day, where everyone should be happy spending time with their loved ones yet instead, they'll face something unfortunate.

Sighing morosely, she exited the tabs and went to message someone important. About to tap letters on the screen when Akari already beat her to it,

Distributor of chores (Mom): So sorry I couldn't spend Christmas with you! The news already issued a report when I was packing :< it makes my heart breaks after hearing I can't see my family this year </3"

The sadness showed in her eyes, merely visible as she stared longer at the screen. She understands the situation truly. But It's hard not to be upset after hearing you couldn't spend Christmas with your own loved ones this year, and standing in public swarmed with a complete jubilant family didn't help at all. It took her a long to send a reply,

(Y/n): It's alright, Mom.

Followed by another

(Y/n): Safety first :>, I too am upset with this news but mostly I'm worried about you. So please make sure to stay indoors and remember what to do during Hurricanes. And also listen to the radio or TV for updates, okay? keep safe Mother.

Distributor of chores (Mom): Omo, you sound just like me 🙊

(Y/n) couldn't help but playfully roll her eyes at her mother's childish reply.

(Y/n): Do this if you want to make it up to me next Christmas 😛 alive

Distributor of chores (Mom): Will do Sweetheart! I'll see you next year for sure.

The chat session ended shortly, yet received another text from another member of the Family.

My shitty brother: Hey

(Y/n): Who you?

My shitty brother: You're still mad about that text, aren't you?

(Y/n): Lol, what text?

My shitty brother: About me and Dad not going to visit you for Christmas.

(Y/n): Bijj, I chose to forget that. How could you remind me? 😃

Earlier this morning, she received a text more like a long length unfortunate notice that consists of reasons why they couldn't visit Musutafu for this holiday, which she became miserable and dejected so early in the morning. Something about a big project precisely after Christmas that seems like a vacation doesn't exist on that Island, since everyone so emerges to working. It left (Y/n) pretty bitter. That's why she ended up here in the middle of this large winter carnival,