-Introduction-

02/21/22

Dear Reader,

This is a rewrite of "Until There Was You," my first fanfic. As time has passed and I have grown as a writer, I have found problems in "Until There Was You" that I am not proud of. This 2.0 version is much more fleshed out, with more backstory and personality. As well as more original ideas that take the story into a new direction that I don't think we've seen before.

This focuses more on Joel and my OC, Ruth, making her the protagonist more so than Ellie. Don't worry, Ellie is still a large part of the story. But with someone like Ruth, being her caretaker, a lot of choices and plot lines would change. I made sure to incorporate that better this time around. I am leaving up 'Until There Was You.'

And welcome to any new readers that I have! I hope that you will enjoy the story. Thank you for giving it a chance 💕

Additional note worth mentioning, this story is based off the video game. It has no tie to the HBO show at all, besides the familiar themes they share.

I hope that you will enjoy this, and thank you for reading.

Kindly, your friendly Author (who can't finish a story she's been working on for well over a year because she is so critical of her work)