↠25↞ The confession

Start from the beginning

I purse my lips into a thin line, finding myself unwilling to give her an answer. "Let's say that posh parties aren't my cup of tea," I mutter, then start trawling for clothes that I can change into after having a shower.

Rayna speaks up again, "Was it Will or his pare–"

I slam the drawer shut. "It was me Rayna! Not Will, not Nathan, not you! Me! I wanted to be two-timing, now the consequences are lashing my ass with their whips."

She gapes at me. "Okay, now you've got to tell me what happened." Her blue eyes burn with curiosity.

I yank a towel off a radiator. "I gave Will a head, but shouldn't you already know about this since you're the first person that Nathan runs to and talks to about his problems?" I snort.

Rayna's eyes open wide. "You did WHAT!? And Nathan knows!? How!?"

"Pardon me for leaving you alone with this confusing snippet, but I need a shower and a good cleansing of my mouth to get rid of the Reyman flavor," I mutter, then disappear behind the bathroom door.

Nathan will never speak to me again. Will made sure of it. Plagued by this thought, I let the hot water run. Then I throw the silky, emerald-green piece of garbage that I was wearing a second ago to where it belongs; a bin.

Moments later, I find myself under the steamy stream. I let the misty droplets erase the memory of this evening.

Nathan hates you. My subconscious snickers, and I start chewing on the inside of my cheek. At some point I'll have to look him in the eye and apologize for all the pain that I've recently caused him. Just the thought of it turns my stomach into a bunch of knots.

You wanted them both at once, now you're left on your own. What does it feel like? My inner me stabs me in the heart with her sharp fingernail, mercilessly twisting it and turning.

I quickly wash my body and jump out of the shower.

"Feeling any better?" Rayna asks, once I appear back in the room, clothed and refreshed.

"If you haven't realized yet, I'm in no mood to talk about it." I slip under the covers, hoping they'll make me disappear like a magician's sheet. The guilt for being so shirty momentarily fills me. "How's Liam? Are you still talking to him?" I ask, wanting to change the subject.

"I am." She sighs. "The thing is . . ." She rolls onto her back, her eyes focus on the ceiling. "If I told you, you'd kill me."

"Come on, it can't be that bad." I think about all the wrong I've done lately. There is no way she could beat my perverse decisions.

"You have no idea," she counters.

A dubious snort escapes through my nostrils. "Enlighten me then," I encourage, but she only shakes her head and starts answering to a message she's just received. "Who are you talking to?" I ask, curious.

"Um . . ." She hesitates. "Nathan's just sent me a text."

I'm confused. "Why? What did he say?" I shift myself up, ready to hear more.

"He wants to meet me, like, now."

I furrow my brows. "And why would he want that?" I look at her askance, making her dismissively shrug her shoulders. "Are you guys seeing each other now?" I ask, unconsciously spicing my tone with bitter disapproval.

"You've really gone mad."

Her response makes me loosen up. If my ex and my best friend had a thing, I don't know how I'd manage to deal with it.

"Well, are you going to meet him then?" I arch my eyebrows, biting on my lip as a certain idea crosses my mind.

Seeing my expression, she asks, "Do I have a choice?"

I let my mouth set into a mischievous smirk. "Actually, I think that you do."

~~~~~~~~~~

My heart is racing, my palms are growing sweaty and my mind is just a carousel of thoughts that I cannot halt. Nathan will be here soon, expecting to see Rayna, and now I'm not so certain if I'm ready to look him in the eye. What I've said over the phone must've really hurt him, however, the quicker I apologize, the better.

Are you actually trying to reedem yourself? Who are you and what have you done with Davina? My subconscious jeers, blowing air onto her freshly painted nails, cocking her head to the side.

Okay, stop freaking out. You used to see him practically on the daily. This is no different. I endeavor to quell my nerves.

Nathan reaches the bottom step of the stairs. "No, hell no." He turns around as soon as he sees me.

"Nathan, wait!" I shout pleadingly, rushing after him.

He spins around to face me. "What the fuck do you want?"

My eyes well up with tears because just over a week ago, his own were full of love for me, whilst now, they're as cold as ice.

"I owe you an apology," I murmur, fighting back the urge to make a run for it. "Just let me say how sorry I am," I entreat, placing my hand onto his, but as I assumed, he rapidly yanks it off as if my touch had the property of an acid.

"Take that nasty thing off me. I'm pretty sure it was wrapped around Reyman's dick last night. Considering how disgusting you are, you probably haven't even washed it." His voice drips with repugnance.

Gauging his body language, I know that I should back off, but if I do, I'll never pull myself again to try apologizing to him once more.

"Please, just listen to what I've got to say–"

"Why? So you can go back to your filthy romance with that douche and be freed of that heavy feeling in your chest? Forgiveness doesn't come this easy, Blowjina."

Did he just call you– My subconscious bursts into laughter, blotting her eyes.

"You don't have to be so rude–"

"Excuse me, what were you saying? Because all I can hear is some gagging noises."

His malignancy is making me feel even more embarrassed about standing here, trying to do the right thing.

"Just listen," I entreat, but he only snorts.

"Sorry, that bit of saliva on your chin is distracting me, or wait . . . is that–"

"NATHAN, STOP!" I yell, scalding tears race down my cheeks. I would have never thought that he could ever disrespect, and the more he does, the more I realize that I wish we were still together. I miss the loving, sweet side of him.

"Why!? Why would I want to listen to you? All you've ever done was lie to me! And what was the reason for it, Davina!?" he hollers, his eyes darken so much that they don't even look green anymore but bluish, just like a body of water under a night sky; cold and eerie.

I hate this observation.

"Because . . ." I scramble to form a satisfying response, but I know that I cannot come up with such; not without breaking the rules of the contract.

"Because what? You suddenly forgot how to use your tongue? Yesterday you didn't seem to have a problem with remembering when you were swirling it around his dick," he bellows.

My heart breaks at his words, and as it does, I realize how much Nathan means to me, and it makes me stop caring about everything else.

"Because he's my master, okay!?" I divulge, my shoulders slack. "Will is my master."

----------
Thank you for your support!