Chapter 3: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Start from the beginning

If anyone can know of her being locked in a tower, they can only admittedly claim that she was indeed innocent and was only seeking love and acceptance from a cold-hearted husband. Although she had no connections with her biological father and actually deeply hated him for taking away her freedom by locking her on a tower ever since it was built, which is also coincidentally her day of birth, the only sin she knew she committed was knowing all about the Mad King's plan about the massacre and only kept quiet about it.

However, telling anyone about it was beyond Rosalyn's power, she was still a child for god sake! She was deeply afraid to join the corpses loitered around the floors below her chambers!

When she and her mother were discovered by the time King Zevlin was crowned, she was only fifteen at that time. After that, she lived in the slums for another five years as she provided for her and her mother, until she was called to the palace with the promise of continuing her nobility if she marries the King.

From King Zevlin's perspective, Rosalyn was an enemy whom he showed compassion for by letting her and her mother live comfortably in a palace after losing their nobility. From Rosalyn's perspective, she was forced to marry a clearly uninterested husband and was again locked inside a palace, taking her freedom from her once again.

When time passed, and Rosalyn, with the help of her personal maid, finally realized that her tantrums were unreasonable and she was just digging her own grave all this time, turned over a new leaf and actually helped the kingdom with her own powers that gradually grew strong over time. As she was a mage with healing magic, she volunteered to heal the sick without charge.

That is when the starting point of the push and pull romance of the two main characters.

Umi felt that the female protagonist was very unfortunate. The father's actions don't define the daughter but the protagonist was subjected to all this suffering just because she was a descendant of the enemy. However, her way of coping with her emotions was indeed out of the line. Why bully the servants ah?

Umi can only question this because the body she possessed right now is the bullied personal maid of the female protagonist, named Fae. The personal maid of Rosalyn, who will be dead before the happy ending of the main couple, because she tried to sacrifice her life to save the female protagonist from taking her own life by drowning in the sea.

Rosalyn, who was at the point of surrender, decided to take her own life by going into the sea despite not knowing how to swim. When Fae saved her, it was too late for the maid because she was swept away by the currents. Fae's death is the turning point of Rosalyn's behavior.

'Fae is indeed an epitome of a doomed cannon fodder.'

Umi thought as she grimaced, inspecting the thin and slender hands of the original body she now possessed. No wonder the readers didn't accept the original story at first. It is indeed hard to like a female protagonist who bullies others no matter the reason what. Furthermore, her character developed because of a certain someone's death, not of her own decision to be better, which might be unsettling to the readers, especially considering the kind of people who are supposed to be the ones who will read Effie's books.

That was the summary of the original story. Regardless, the goddess was adamant in telling her that the new story she will write is based on the premise of Umi's character. A genius high school student from another world who got transmigrated into a novel she read before dying due to a car crash. A simple reason for transmigrating but that was enough to start the story since what the readers really wanted to know was her adventure after transmigrating into a story of a novel she already knew the future of. An indifferent and aloof student, also named Fae, who will possess the body of an originally timid maid.

However, there is a catch. Once the high school student gained the memories of the original minor character, she discovered that King Zevlin wasn't the only one who got out of that tower alive.

Fae was actually a princess of the East Kingdom! Her powers were weak, that's why after miraculously escaping from the tower at the age of 10, she practically lived as a beggar in the streets for another ten years.

When King Zevlin was crowned, she was finally admitted to working as a palace maid when they were recruiting for servants, and after five years of working, she was promoted to work as the personal maid of the wife of the King. Busy working her ass off to live, she never had the time to cultivate her powers before her pitiful death.

Umi thought to herself.

'What a waste of what could have been a great character. Princess Fae could have survived on her own.'

She clicked her tongue.

Behind the timid personality of Princess Fae is a girl with tenacity and resilience. It was just a pity that she threw her life away for someone who bullied her several times just because Rosalyn was the female protagonist.

Now, Umi's character will be the genius Fae who will possess the originally timid one.

The corners of Umi's mouth perked up just as her eyes sparkled with fierceness. "Mochi, tell me the mission."

Mochi mirrored Umi's expression. Both of them looking like a pair of villains, only a side of their faces are illuminated by the sunlight coming from the cave's opening, making their faces look sinister.

"Main Mission: Accumulate at least 90% Emotional Points from the Story Characters based on events influenced by you. Special Mission: Change Faerin's fate."

Umi gazed at Fae's small pair of hands, a hint of anticipation shown in her face, her eyes glistening under the dark.

'Should we start spicing things up?'

╭─⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆───────────╮

Dear Readers,

This author loves you.

Yours truly,
ACLIXAM

╰───────────⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆─╯