Chapter 3: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Start from the beginning

Ah, how typical.

To summarize the plot, the Male Lead named Zevlin Emeric, after overthrowing the Mad King who pursued to take over the four main kingdoms of the continent, rose to power and stabilized the four kingdoms in his stead.

Harmony was finally achieved after only five years, which only proves his prowess and excellent abilities as the rightful ruler. Before all this was made possible, what made him able to reach the highest pinnacle of strength is because of his...tragic past.

Before the Mad King took over, the four main kingdoms were actually in tranquility and peace for a long time, with the signed treaty against any wars. Not until there was a Magic Tower built at the center of the continent, promising to educate the noble children of royal blood from each kingdom in order to fully strengthen their magical prowess.

In this world, only the ones with the royal bloodline have the ability to absorb the mana in the surroundings into magic. Hence, a certain prince from the North was admitted to the tower, alongside all the other royal children of the continent, enticed by the promise of strength, only to figure out that the Magic Tower had other purposes too.

These children of royal blood were experimented and tortured, like research rats, extracting every ounce of their own abilities and powers, to be used by the Mad King, who was the king of the South at that time.

This went on for full five years, and by that time, the Mad King has successfully taken over the entire continent by murdering the royal families of each kingdom. When the male lead has reached 15 years of age, the children in the tower finally rebelled against the tower with the mindset of "We'd rather die than be used."

However, it was only a one-sided massacre. The children, after being judged useless by the Mad King, were slaughtered one by one, leaving the place looking like an actual hell.

Only one has ever escaped, and that is the prince from the North.

After he had escaped, with only revenge in his mind, he immediately formulated a plan, gathered supplies and comrades, faced hardships along the way, used his strength he had obtained after being subjected to torture every day, and successfully killed the Mad King after ten long years.

When all was stabilized, and when the young king turned 30, he was constantly being pestered by the elders to guarantee an heir to continue the throne.

He wouldn't mind actually, he can just marry for political reasons, however, the elders unreasonably wanted for him to marry someone with the royal bloodline and the only one remaining who is eligible for the prospect of marriage was the Mad King's daughter, who was actually locked at the uppermost floor of the Magic Tower, with her mother, all this time. The Mother and daughter were only discovered after raiding the remains of the deserted tower when Zevlin was crowned king.

The daughter was Princess Rosalyn Beckham who is the Female Protagonist. The original storyline actually centered around how the female protagonist, who is considered an enemy by the King Zevlin, was forced to be a "tribute" to bear an heir for the King in exchange for her to continue her nobility and her mother's. When she was placed to live at the palace, full of grief, fear, and weakness despite being a direct descendant of the Mad King, she tried all means to go against King Zevlin in small ways because she thought she was wrongfully accused of being an enemy and that she was in truth innocent.

The girl insisted that at that time, no one can blame her for her unreasonable actions since King Zevlin really didn't spare her a glance despite marrying her and forcing her into the palace. At first, she tried bullying the servants, loitering the palace walls and gardens, and sabotaging the parties. She did all those because she felt animosity towards the king for restricting her, never allowing her to set foot outside just after being freed from the tower.