17. Drunk (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"People will look at us weirdly." He said in a low voice. That just made me angry.

"Really?! You really care what people think? Whatever shit they think doesn't have to do with anything you are. You're you own self. What they say or think doesn't make or mar you. To hell with their opinions and thoughts." After my mini motivational speech, I was calmer and Zane was stunned. "What?" I asked cluelessly.

"Why don't you become a motivational speaker?" I laughed at that question. "Nah. Not my thing really. I find it kinda weird."

"I'm gonna ask him out." Zane did firmly. "Finally! About time. I can't stand the lovey dovey eyes you gave him at a distance. It was getting on my nerves." I groaned.

He just laughed at me and I found myself laughing too. We shifted the conversation to something else.

Zane dropped me off at my house. I met my dad in the living room watching TV with Penelope.

"Hey dad." I hugged him. "Hello. How was school today?"

"Alright. I got an A on the English project I was working on with Joel." I grinned.

"Finally, an A. Thank God for that." Oh, he just had to be his dramatic self. I rolled my eyes.

"I've gotten a lot of A's." I hugged. I carried Penelope in my arms and ran to the kitchen. I'm starving.

I saw my Mom with the twins. They obviously looked bored but they saw me and ran to me, holding on to my legs.

"Woah. I'll fall if you don't get off me." I placed Penny on the kitchen island and I ruffled Danny's hair. "Something smells nice." I walked to my Mom and hugged her from behind. "I'm starving."

"Before you put anything in your big mouth, have a shower first. You reek."

"No I don't." I said, offended. "Actually, you do." Duke added. "No one asked you for your opinion Dukey."

Danny laughed at the nickname and Penny giggled. "Come on. Stop calling me Dukey!"

"Stop being dramatic.... Dukey!" I emphasized on 'Dukey'. I ran to my room to take a shower. It didn't take long.

I put random clothes on and ran downstairs. I still had an hour or more till five so I had to watch TV with Penny and my nutella.

It was hard to focus on what I watching because Penny was smacking my ass and boobs. I have no freaking idea why she was doing that. I'd shoot her a glare everytime she hit me but she'd giggle.

Cute but creepy...

"Penelope! Stop hitting my ass!" I scolded. The twins laughed out from the kitchen. She giggled...then hit my right boob.

"Penny, that's so unladylike." I pointed my finger at her. Danny snorted.

"You're one to talk really. You have Nutella on your cheek and chin." Duke added.

"I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." I wiped my cheek and chin with the sleeve of my shirt.

Huge Mistake.

I groaned, dropped my jar of nutella and walked to my room to change my shirt. It took me a while to find another shirt.

I found the right shirt and ran down the stairs. I was eager to reunite with my baby a.k.a my nutella.

I got to the living room and I was moved to tears with what I saw.

Duke, Danny and Penny huddled on the couch with nutella on their chins. Soon, I'll be moved to kill these children.

"What in heaven's name are you guys doing with my baby?!" I grabbed the jar from their tiny hands. I looked inside and it was all gone.

I slowly lifted my head to look at them. They had innocent looks on their faces. I sucked in a huge amount of air and tried really hard to calm myself. I closed my eyes.

"If I find you guys here when I open my eyes, I swear to God Almighty...." I heard little footsteps run up the stairs.

Finally. They're gone.

I looked at my phone. Twenty-four minutes to five. I better start going.

"Mom! I'm heading out to Joel's. Bye!" I called out. I didn't wait for her response as I ran out the door.

I got to Joel's house and Jasmine was the first Reed I saw. I ran to Joel's room and saw him on his bed. He was reading a book. I noticed something.

He had reading glasses on. This is something I didn't expect to see.

"Neerrdd." I ran and jumped on the bed. My legs on him.

"You finally came." He removed his glasses and close the book. "You never told me you wore glasses." I folded my arms.

He chuckled. "Well, now you know. Please get your fat body off me." I got off him and leaned my body against the headboard. "What do you want to do?" He asked.

"Um... I was planning to stuff myself with junk food." I grinned.

"If you want to stuff yourself, so be it. To the kitchen!" I rolled my eyes at that.

The got to the kitchen and picked out any forms of junk food available. Joel held out a bottle of wine to me.

"I can't take that. It has alcohol in it." I shook my head. "Awn. C'mon, live a little." He persuaded for a little while and I gave in.

We settled on the couch and we talked about random things. I think I drank much more than I was supposed to because I started feeling tipsy.

I looked at Joel and saw three of him. I giggled. "Ooo. There are three of you." I laid on the couch. Then I fell on the floor.

"Ouch. That hurt." I rubbed my head. I looked at Joel. He was trying to hold back a laugh.

Jasmine came into the living room. I was giggling like crazy so she knew immediately that I was drunk.

"Joel! Can't you see she's drunk?" Joel's eyes widened when he finally registered the situation and stood up to get me.

Meanwhile, I was counting invincible stars on the ceiling. "Jasmine! See the stars. Aren't they beautiful?" I pointed at the white ceiling.

Jasmine chuckled. "They sure are. Now Amanda, we need to go upstairs."

"Why? I like the stars up here. I don't want to go." I pouted.

Jasmine and Joel sighed as I leaped around the house.

Ladies and gentlemen, that's how I got drunk for the first time.