Chapter fourty one

Start from the beginning

"I'll be fine Dice worry about Ari instead." I responded while pushing him slightly in indication to leave back towards where the others had retreated to the platform.

"Yes ma'am!" He responded before marching away at a jog. After her left I turned myself towards where I could hear Ventress and Ari battling.

"You stupid little girl! I'll destroy you!" Ventress growled in an angry fashion and I caught sight of red blurs angrily swiping at the blue.

"Ari keep your focus! You can do this!" I called across to encourage her even though I had my nagging doubts. It had been a fair while since I'd seen Ari duel with another Jedi in training, I'd heard from my master she was fairly decent but then from master Yoda that she lacked patience. Like her hero Anakin she seemed to act before thinking, a reckless young thing with much to learn. But fiercely loyal...a loyalty that now put her at risk. Watching the battle continue my breath caught in the back of my throat with ever strike, nervous for my apprentices safety. To have blaster fire suddenly start up from behind me was something of a relief, though the relief ended the second I saw it returned in the red of droid fire. This was turning into an all out battle, I couldn't just stand by and do nothing.  As my fingers traveled along the wall I felt a long stick leant against the side, letting my hand wrap round it as my padawans determination sparked my own actions.

"I am one with the force...and the force is with me..." I spoke in a firm whisper as I took a step away from the cold stone wall and grasped the tall cane tighter. "I am one with the force and the force is with me." I utter again a little louder as my eyes closed and I focused on my breathing rather than the master bolts whizzing by my exposed head. The words became a mantra as I continued walking and spun the stick through my finger, weaving by body from side to side as I felt like it and continuing to walk towards the enemy lines.

"General-

Before the trooper could finish his sentence I struck one of my hands back in a signal to hush as I maintained my focus. Striking the cane out and spinning it like a saber I felt resistance as I connected with two structures before me. At the resistance I pushed harder and knocked the pressures droids down before twirling on my heels to take out the rest of the squadron while ducking down. My Impromptu weapon stuck down the squad and allowed the troopers to fire them to pieces.

"Master!" I suddenly heard Ari cry out behind me and before even thinking my feet move me round in a panic towards her. That's when my focus broke since I had no pricier idea of where she was. My heart beat loudly beneath my chest for the seconds that followed, moving towards where I thought she was at speed trying to flourish the cane in my hands to defend her.

"I've got her general!" I heard Captain Dice call out to reassure me before there was a movement in the sound of gunfire as I heard hurried footsteps rush by. Still anxious I flinched as I felt a her wrapped round my wrist and tug me to the side, hauling my weapon round to defend myself.

"Easy general! It's Rex." The trooper quickly assured me before i hit him and I quickly drew the stick back. I breathed a small sigh of relief but didn't relax much even though I was now out of danger. Ari was still in trouble after all...

"Ari, is she safe Rex?" I asked hurriedly as the man leant round in front of me and fired his pistols around the corner towards the on going fight.

"Dice has her back general, she's in good hands you can relax." The man responded, his voice altered as he passed through his helmet. I did actually breath a small sigh of relief at his words but soon regretted it since as the breath left my body I found myself unable to inhale again. I gagged as a pain stuck the my temples and keeled forward and grabbed at my chest as it to was hit by a pain.