𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝟹|𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚕

Start from the beginning

"Was it a bad idea that we made that visit?" He asked in a much more worried tone. I tore myself away and shook my head before giving him a gentle peck on the lips eliciting a warm smile for my heart.

"I loved every moment of it, love. Don't worry. I'm just tired from being under the sun for a long time, and perhaps from too much wine-tasting earlier knowing too well that I'm not that fond of alcohol. But overall, I loved it. And thank you for being such a babe and making sure that I was comfortable during the whole visit," I said and he nodded.

"You're welcome, bum-bum. Do you want me to call room service and order some dinner for us since you're already tired? And just cancel the reservation that we have at the restaurant?" He asked all the while rubbing the pad of his thumb underneath my eye, and I hummed in pure satisfaction.

"Don't worry about it, babe. I don't want to ruin our lovely plans for the evening, besides, the restaurant is only in the same building so I think I could survive the dinner with you," I joked around and Bright playfully rolled his eyes before trapping me into a wonderful kiss again.

"Okay, we still have plenty of time to rest anyway since the reservation would be at 7. You can sleep, love, and I'll take the shower first and then change into a suit. I'll prepare yours, as well. Is that okay?" He asked and I nodded happily.

As soon as Bright stood up, I curled into a fetal position and found myself being rocked to sleep by the soft and warm duvet.

•••••

"Baby," Bright gently whispered while tracing the bridge of my nose with his forefinger making me scrunch it. Finally fluttering my eyes open, my eyes landed on my husband who was now on his dress pants and black dress shirt, hair pulled back showing off his forehead, and revealing his handsome face for everyone to see.

"It's almost seven. Do you still want us to go out to eat dinner? I don't want to force you since I know how tired you are. We could still cancel it," he cooed and I shook my head.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I replied and gave him a sheepish smile. "Why don't you head there first, and I'll follow right after dressing up? Then you'd have more time to drink a bit before our dinner," I insisted.

Even if he was reluctant to leave me alone, Bright agreed because I'd kick him out if he won't. Once he made his way out of the room, fumbling his fingers on the button of his jacket, and closing the door behind him - I got up and headed to the shower. It was quick merriment of warm water splashing on my skin and removing the day's hard work on my body, and the sweat that lingered. Believing that I was clean enough to my liking, I stepped out of the shower and slipped into the suit that he had prepared beforehand. This was the one that I wore during our wedding because he said how I looked so beautiful in it - of course, I'd love for it to stay that way so I managed to throw the same inside our luggage. Done with making myself presentable enough for my date, I smiled and got excited.

Feeling relieved that I was not that tired anymore, I took one of the room keys, slipped it inside my front pocket, and headed out of the door into the elevator that would then bring me to the first floor of the building. It opened in the lobby, and I knowingly made my way into the entrance of the restaurant where Bright was probably waiting. Once inside, together with the other couples that were also waiting for their names to be called in. I was just standing there and roamed my eyes around until I saw Bright by the bar with a glass of whiskey, I suppose.

"That's my companion," I said to the hostess who then guided me the way to the bar, and thanked her when I was only a few meters away from my husband.

Turning around, my brows furrowed in the middle when a woman sat right next to Bright on one of the stools whilst looking at my man with her flirty eyes. She was gorgeous with her long black hair that was curled at the ends, and a dress that accentuated her curves, and her piercing gaze telling me that she was ready to strike to a married man. Anxiousness was starting to tick me, and I was rooted on the spot not knowing what to do or how to react. Not until I saw her push a drink towards Bright - and my husband looked at the woman with a questioning look. Being the best boy that I was, I watched the show unfold with curiosity and burning jealousy that I could feel Midnight clawing me from the inside. Being possessive seeing her mate right next to a woman unaware of my husband's golden band on his ring finger.