thirty

Jieun opened her eyes slowly and a yawn left her mouth. She started stretching her limbs as she slowly got up and looked through her window.

To be honest, after what happened last night she barely got any sleep and she was feeling tired, her only wish was to stay in bed and sleep through the whole day.

She passed a hand through her short, messy hair and her eyes widened. "Oh fuck, no!!" She yelled as she saw her reflection in the mirror. "Jieun, are you okay?" She heard Hendery's voice and saw the door knob turning slowly.

She quickly slammed the doors shut and locked the doors. "Jieun?? What's wrong??" She panicked slightly, not sure of what to reply. "I, uh, I just took a shower and I'm naked!!" She blabbered out and there was a small 'oooh' heard from the other side of the doors.

"Okay then, I'll see you in the dining room. Don't be late." He said and Jieun hummed an okay. She heard footsteps walking away from her room and a breathe of relief left her mouth. "Now what?" She mumbled as she once again looked at her mirror.

Somehow through the night she had shifted into her soulmate. "Damn I look hot." She mumbled and checked herself out in the mirror. "Now, time to go back." She closed her eyes and in a few seconds she was looking like herself.

"Yep, that's it." She smiled and walked towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. After she was done she brushed her hair and changed into her school uniform. "Ew." She cringed at her outfit and made her way out of the room.

"JIEUN!!" She heard someone yell from behind her, making her stop in her tracks and turn around. "Oh, Xiao, sup?" Xiaojun smiled at her widely and put a hand around her shoulder. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you what happened."

"Oh, what is it?"

"I SPOKE TO MY SOULMATE THIS MORNING!!" He said, the excitement visible in his voice. Jieun knew he wanted to meet his soulmate as soon as possible. "I'm so happy for you!" She smiled at him as they entered the dining room.

Her eyes fell onto Hendery who was waving at her to come over quickly. She walked besides Xiaojun towards their seats and she sat down next to ber soulmate while Xiaojun sat a few seats away.

Jieun started eating her food, not daring to speak to Hendery as she knew she would be tomato red in no time. Her thoughts wandered off to the kiss last night and she looked down to hide her face.

"Winter break starts tomorrow." Kun spoke up and all the youngsters at the table cheered. "So, today when we're back we will meet in Yangyang's room to discuss some stuff." He finished, his eyes gazing at Jieun.

"Wait, why in my room?" Yangyang protested, making Kun sigh. "Because your room is the biggest. "Well tehnically, Hendery's room is the biggest, only he has more furniture." He grinned and Hendery face palmed. "Okay, we can meet in my room."

"Oh, then yall can give me my birthday gift." The girl quickly said as she took a sip of her tea, a small smirk on her lips. The two shared a look and Yangyang shrugged. "Sure."

"Now if you will excuse me, I have to go meet with Taeri." Jieun said as she got up from the table and took her backpack. "See you at school." She waved at them before leaving the room.

She actually didn't plan to meet Taeri, she just wanted to leave before the rest so she wouldn't have to talk with Hendery.

Just as she run towards the school gate she saw Taeri entering so she waved at her and run after her. "Hey, where's the rest?" The older asked as they made their way across the school yard. "I'm-" She stopped talking because she wasn't sure if her soulmate could hear her thoughts again.

"Hendery, can you hear me?" She said and Taeri raised a brow. "Loud and clear, what's up?"

"Did you hear anything until now?"

"No, why? Were you bad mouthing me?"

"No, I didn't. Why would I do that?"

"Maybe I'm a bad kisser." She could hear him sigh.

"No, that's not true."

"Oh so I'm a good kisser?" He asked and she could feel him smirking. Her cheeks flushed red and Taeri looked at her with a confused face. "Um, I have to go now. Bye Hendery."

Jieun quickly stopped the soulmate connection and looked at her cousin. "I'm going to cry." She held her face, hoping she would become invisible. "Oh, something happened on your date." Taeri said upon realising and took the other's hand, leading her towards a nearby bench.

"How did it go?" She asked and Jieun smiled slightly. "It was good. We first went to a cafe nearby, there's a really cute waitress in there, next time I go there I'm going to get her number."

"Woah man, your gay is showing."

"Ah, sorry. After we finished our drinks we just walked around the town and talked. At the end we came to the forest and stargazed." She smiled slightly.

"And that's it?" Taeri asked and Jieun's cheeks immediately flushed red. "Oh, it ain't." She said as she wiggled her eyebrows at the younger. "So what happened?"

"UmwewerejustchillingandthenIsuddenlylookedathimandhelookedsohotandsoicontinuedstaringathimandthenwekissed." She said it all in one breathe and hid her face behind her hands. "YALL KISSED??" Taeri said and after getting a confirmation from her cousin she started squealing.

"GIRL, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!" She gave her a bone crushing hug. "I can't believe my babygorl got herself a boyfriend." She said as she moved away from the hug. "Well we still ain't dating."

"UM, WHAT??" Taeri gasped and quickly took out her phone. Jieun's eyes widened as she realised what she was doing. She quickly threw herself onto the older and tried snatching away her phone but unfortunately, Taeri could fly.

✍︎

i

m such a xiaojun simp these days

also slight self promo; check out my insta @xuxi_not_sushii :)

1007 words