one

Disclaimer||before you start reading

I don't own any off the characters mentioned in the story except Jieun and Taeri.

All the situations mentioned are pure imagination.

I tend to have mistakes/typos so please don't pay much attention to it. Also, English is not my first language so there might be mistakes in grammar.

The story contains mentions of blood, death, mythical creatures etc; if you don't feel comfortable with any of the mentioned please do not continue reading.

I hope you enjoy reading the story and don't forget to comment, I love reading your comments🥺💚

Now, let the story begin!!

✍︎

It was a day just like every other. School was filled with people, Lee Jieun being one of the students in there. She wasn't anyone special and nobody paid much attention to her nor her best friend Lee Taeri.

"Ya, Lee Jieun!! Are you even listening to me?" Taeri shook her out of her thoughts and the younger pouted. "Sorry."
"What are you looking at?" She asked and looked towards where Jieun was looking.

"Why are you looking at a bottle of water? What's on your mind?" Her best friend asked with slight concern in her voice as she moved from her position across Jieun to one next to her.

The whole cafeteria showed in front of them, students were chatting about random stuff and the teachers stood at the doors to stop them if a fight broke out but the girl's vision was focused on the one bottle of water standing on a table next to their.

Ironically, the table was filled with guys who paid no attention to what was happening around them, at least everyone thought so. "Do you think I'll have powers?" Jieun said out of blue and the older sighed. "I seriously don't have a clue but don't be too nervous about it. Your birthday is soon and you should spend the last days of being a one hundred(100) percent human having fun."

Ah, powers, the theme of the day, a short explanation. When people turn twenty (20) they get sorted into a creature category which have powers or they don't and stay humans. The categories mentioned could be literally anything, they could become witches, wizards, hybrids, angels, demons, vampires or even benders of specific elements and so on.

Of course there's exceptions when people could get sorted before turning twenty(20). Those are mostly vampires(who are craving blood since birth) but also many other. On the other side there's people who might not get their powers when they turn twenty (20) and may wait for years to get their powers.

There's more explaining to that but we will get to it later.

The bell rang and the students are moving towards their classrooms. "I'll see you after school!" Taeri waved at Jieun as they parted ways and went to their separate classrooms.

"Jess, for the fifth time, this is my place." Jieun said to her classmate with a loud sigh leaving her mouth as the girl kept sitting on her seat. Apparently it was the best seat in the class and it couldn't be used by a person such as Jieun, which doesn't make sense but okay.

After bickering for a few minutes the teacher came and Jieun was forced to sit with the weird kid of the class which sat in the furthest corner of the room. As she made her way towards the back she could feel him looking at her and she rolled her eyes. "Don't talk to me." She said while taking a seat and a pout played on the younger's lips.

"But why?" He asked with puppy like look while the other just face palmed. "Just let me take my notes in peace. You can talk to me all you want later." Jieun said as she started scribbling down notes of what their teacher was saying.

"But I'm bored now." He sighed and Jieun let out a loud groan. "Can you please shut the fuck up?" She whisper yelled at him and he just laid his head on his hands which were positioned on top of his notebook. "I'm sorry."

"Jieun and Yangyang would you like to continue the lesson instead of me?" The teacher said which caused everyone to look at the two of them and Jieun quickly shook her head. "No sir, sorry sir." She said and the teacher nodded satisfied and continued the lesson.

After the class ended Jieun made her way towards her next class, Yangyang following after her like a lost puppy. "Why are you so silent now?" She cocked a brow at him and he shrugged. "I don't have anything to talk about."

"But you did have something to talk about in the class?" Jieun tsked and Yangyang slightly pouted but his face brightened up slightly after. "Did you get your powers yet?" He smiled at her and she shook her head. "I'm still not of age."

"Oh, I thought that it has already been your birthday." He thought a bit and Jieun chuckled. "My birthday is in a week and I'm so excited to find out what my powers will be."
"How do you know you won't end up staying a human?" Yangyang asked with a slightly cocked brow.

"I just have a feeling." She laughed happily and they entered the classroom, Jieun staying at the front while Yangyang walked to the back to sit with his friends.

- - - - - - - -✈︎

"Tae just called me. He's busy with work so we have to walk home." Taeri said as the two made their way across their school's courtyard. "It's okay, I felt like walking anyways." Jieun said as they exited through the school gate.

"You're feeling distant today. Is the sorting that big of a thing for you?" Her best friend asked and Jieun stopped walking, causing the other to stop too. "It is. It is a big thing to me so please stop judging me." She yelled at the older and started walking the other way.

"Hey, Jieun!! Where are you going!?" Taeri yelled after her and she just shrugged. "Somewhere peaceful, I need to think!" Jieun yelled from the other side of the street and turned around the corner, leaving other's sight. "This girl really testing my nerves."

✍︎

1056 words